Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Upgrading graphics card question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am using GeForce 8400 GS, is there a newest graphics card available compatible with my computer?
i have my file attached
it will automatically scan your system and tell you if you have any updates for it

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx
i wasn't talking about update, can i buy my new graphics card for my old computer?
yes you can buy a new graphics card but I think that is best you can do give the age of computer
my computer used to be preinstalled winvista business edition 10 to 8 years old

what kind of new graphics card i'm going to buy?
given the age of the computer that the best card you can get for it that, you already have GeForce 8400 GS
It might not be a good idea to put a new type graphics card issue because your run into BSOD issues.
You could use a better older card like this XFX Radeon HD 5770 $49 on EBay

This is a better card and will allow you to play new and better games. TDP is higher. What power supply do you have?
Also, you have CPU E4600 which is a good overclocker. Here is a comparison of your current card 8400GS and the Radeon HD 5770

Hope this helps.
my power supply model: PS-6241-4HP
so i can purchase on ebay even my power supply model is PS-6241-4HP?
(08-22-2017, 12:57 AM)f23948 Wrote: [ -> ]so i can purchase on ebay even my power supply model is PS-6241-4HP?

AMD recommends 450w or better for that card. You have a 250w PSU right now. Not alot of choices at that wattage.
Pages: 1 2 3 4