Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Where did my WiFi adapter go?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had my computer shipped to me some time ago. It's been a computer I've been using for a while. Anyways, when I went to plug everything in the WiFi adapter wasn't there. In the control panel - Network Connections - I can see it. However the WiFi doesn't show up in the "Network and Internet" in the Settings menu on the left hand side. Does anyone have any idea what's happened? TIA.
Please look in device manager and see if it is listed
There's the WAN Miniports listed and three other things; tunneling, etc.
Can you take a screen shot of the network in device manager
If your on a Laptop, make sure the WiFi is enabled...this can be a function key or button

Also try windows troubleshoot tool to diagnose network

Open command prompt with admin rights and type these:
  • ipconfig /flushdns
  • netsh winsock reset catalog
  • netsh int ip reset

GTMA, but I can't see where to attach an image.

(02-03-2018, 09:20 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Can you take a screen shot of the network in device manager

(02-03-2018, 09:25 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]If your on a Laptop, make sure the WiFi is enabled...this can be a function key or button

Also try windows troubleshoot tool to diagnose network

Open command prompt with admin rights and type these:

• ipconfig /flushdns
  • netsh winsock reset catalog
  • [b]netsh int ip reset[/font][/color]
    [/b]

Oooops.  Hold on.

(02-03-2018, 09:20 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Can you take a screen shot of the network in device manager

I have a destop.
Have you enable the wifi?
(02-03-2018, 09:31 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Have you enable the wifi?

I don't I've ever had to do that. Do you mean all the WiFI? Or just individual adapters?
what is the manufacturer of wifi adopter?

is it a laptop or desktop computer?
(02-03-2018, 09:52 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]what is the manufacturer of wifi adopter?

is it a laptop or desktop computer?

Desktop and not sure about the manufacturer of the "adopter".
Pages: 1 2