Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Can't install latest Nvidia drivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need your help what to do with Nvidia drivers. On my desktop, HP Omen #870-119 I have ZOTAC GTX Geforce 1050TI 4GB graphic card in it. I have been trying to install the updates of Nvidia drivers when it's available. I was not sure what is the best thing to do with this to have clean install or run Display Driver Uninstaller to Clean and restart or Clean and shutdown (For installing new graphic card) But I am still using the same graphic card. I already did with the first step to Clean and restart but still the same -- can't install the update of Nvidia drivers. Someone at the Nvidia community forum suggested that I should have a clean install for this. I am not sure what is a clean install mean? Sorry I am not a computer geek for this but I can do with Display Driver Uninstaller. I believe that someone at that forum mean that I have to  reinstall Windows 10 which I don't want to do this. Let me know about this

Your help would be appreciated with this -- what to do with this.

-- John
try this video

Want to say thank you to Compton for posting the video above. Unfortunately this video doesn't help me to fix the problem of Nivida Graphic Driver. I am not sure what is the actual problem with Nvidia itself in my desktop. Guess that I would have to go to Reset This PC as that is the only way to clean up everything in my desktop and have clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. But I will not go ahead to do this till see more messages about this.

-- John
Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.
Is there away you can show us what you are seeing with the install of nvidia graphics card problem that you are having?
Compton -- I did run sfc /scannow at command prompt with run as adminstrator and Windows Resource Protection did not find any intregrity violations.

smirk24 -- I have followed the exactly step by step instructions on YouTube that Brian from Britec Computers have installed his Nvidia graphic card. I am not sure what wrong with mine.

-- John
OK select auto_ detect willl pick right driver and install it

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

[attachment=3899]
Sorry this doesn't work for me as they kept asking me to install Java and I already did installed the latest version of Java. After the install of Java and refresh my browser then click " Auto-detect Your GPU " Got the same message about Java Required. So I hit " RESCAN SYSTEM " and came up with the same message with " Java Required " I don't think that this part work for me at all.

-- John
Here is the link that you want to know with my system specs below.

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c05241080

-- John

Here is my system specs.txt  And hope you will find something that is not running properly.

-- John
Pages: 1 2