Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: "*.mof" Files - Should they be deleted ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found 499 files on my system bearing the <.mof> extension and I do not know what caused them.  I would like to know if they should be deleted or not.  What actually causes them and why are they all dated the same date?  

I use Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you.
Please take a screenshot and upload to the forum
(05-06-2019, 08:31 AM)nospmas1939 Wrote: [ -> ]I found 499 files on my system bearing the <.mof> extension and I do not know what caused them.  I would like to know if they should be deleted or not.  What actually causes them and why are they all dated the same date?  

I use Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you.

I'm using W10Pro too, and I've got a lot of these .mof-files. They are created by the MOF compiler (mofcomp.exe) during installations and adds the classes and class instances to the WMI repository.
They are usually very small,and should be left alone.
(05-06-2019, 11:21 PM)billingstad Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2019, 08:31 AM)nospmas1939 Wrote: [ -> ]I found 499 files on my system bearing the <.mof> extension and I do not know what caused them.  I would like to know if they should be deleted or not.  What actually causes them and why are they all dated the same date?  

I use Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you.

I'm using W10Pro too,  and I've got a lot of these .mof-files. They are created by the MOF compiler (mofcomp.exe) during installations and adds the classes and class instances to the WMI repository.
They are usually very small,and should be left alone.

Thank you all for clearing up my query. Do these <mof> files get created when any software is installed, or when Windows 10 is first installed???

Thanks again!!!