Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: how to speed up your computer boot time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

1. select on the start menu
  2. type in msconfig
  3. right click on msconfig
  4. select run as administer
  5. select boot
  6. select advanced option
  7. select number of processors
  8. select the highest number that you have in the list
  9. select ok
  10. select apply
  11. select ok
  12. select don't show message
  13. select restart

[Image: 2kAFQji]

[Image: 2kVgBo3]

[Image: 2mbvPWa]

[Image: 2lw1qF1]

[Image: 2lyne3e]

[Image: 2m0ixN1]

[Image: 2m0j55A]
Welcome back Compton, great tutorial.
ya happy to be back my internet was down Wink
This setting actually makes a difference? What about the ram part of the advanced options?
\ya the setting actually makes difference well ram part will not help with boot time
I would love to get your feedback do the Tutorial then come and tell if it work for you Smile
Nice one.
It was a good tutorial compton. i was just shocked to see it up there is all, ive read amongst other settings that it didn't make a difference but since you posted it and britec nor timster corrected you on it then it must work and ill have to do this on my pcs
(07-18-2016, 07:56 PM)smirk24 Wrote: [ -> ]It was a good tutorial compton. i was just shocked to see it up there is all, ive read amongst other settings that it didn't make a difference but since you posted it and britec nor timster corrected you on it then it must work and ill have to do this on my pcs

I haven't tried the tweak to be fair... Just applauding Compton for his efforts.
ok got it your question is do setting actually makes a difference? Well, it works for me
this were the britec community members of the forum need to do more interaction on the forum
I mean when someone post a  tutorial you only have  2 or 3 people doing  interaction
the forum is lacking  interaction  in general

looking back  at this  tutorial  need better images and the format can be better
well when it comes to content in the tutorial I try to keep it simple for beginner point A to B to C
if you put too much context the beginner will become over loaded
Oh okay i gotcha.
Pages: 1 2 3