Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
Trying to find out why ga...
Last Post: BowdonUK
03-19-2024, 06:59 PM
Antivirus Removal Tool
Last Post: AlexCa
03-16-2024, 11:09 PM
Top-notch Сasual Dating -...
Last Post: veky666
03-09-2024, 02:31 PM
Premier Сasual Dating - A...
Last Post: Desperado91
03-09-2024, 05:56 AM
Premier Сasual Dating - A...
Last Post: shamtech
03-09-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: atef4999
03-09-2024, 01:02 AM
Super Сasual Dating - Gen...
Last Post: nebman40
03-09-2024, 12:29 AM
Supreme Сasual Dating - G...
Last Post: semsigungor
03-08-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Magi_Fox
03-08-2024, 07:50 PM
Premier Сasual Dating - V...
Last Post: PresRuud
03-08-2024, 06:45 PM

Forum Statistics
» Members: 10,801,   » Latest member: bobbybutt,   » Forum threads: 4,185,   » Forum posts: 30,397,  
Full Statistics

Clone Trouble 0xc000000e
Posted by: Bill73 - 09-11-2014, 05:58 AM - Forum: Windows 7 - Replies (25)

Hi Guys,

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit running on my desktop computer...every month I clone my C: 500 GB drive on to another internal HDD of the same size.  I always get "Operation completed successfully"...but when I take my C: drive out and boot from my Clone I get this...

[Image: WindowsProblem_zps4d0ac9f2.png]

I then have to boot into my Windows 7 Repair Disk and in "System Recovery Options" it says...Windows found problems with your computers startup options - "Do you want to apply repairs and restart your computer"...I then click "Repair and Start" and windows starts and it's back to normal.

This happens every time I clone my C: drive...I have used Aomei Backupper...Easeus Todo and Macrium Reflect all free versions and I get the same result.  If I take out the Clone and put back my C: drive I still get the same massage as above and have to use the Repair Disk again...what am I doing wrong.
The Clone is suppose to be the exact copy of the original...which it is...so why does this happen...Thanks Guys.

Print this item

Sad hobbies etc
Posted by: ray - 09-10-2014, 04:10 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (10)

Do you have other hobbies / pastimes away from your PC, I like going for walks nothing very far just a couple of hours here and there, woods along the canal,I used to like cycling in my youth but the roads are like race tracks now.

Print this item

Have your Google accounts been leaked?
Posted by: GuiltySpark - 09-10-2014, 02:41 PM - Forum: Security, Viruses, Trojans & Malware Removal - Replies (2)

A little bit more reading on the subject.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2751238/Google-advises-users-change-passwords-hackers-expose-5-million-Gmail-usernames-passwords-Russian-website.html

Check here to see if your accounts have been leaked to/by hackers, if so please change your passwords immediately.

Print this item

How many computer technicians?
Posted by: AboodY - 09-10-2014, 01:57 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (8)

I am just wondering how many of the members here are computer technicians?

Phill

Print this item

How to copy data from one Hard Drive to another using Robocopy
Posted by: AboodY - 09-10-2014, 11:10 AM - Forum: Software Repairs and Troubleshooting - Replies (7)

Robocopy is one of the 'inbuilt' tools (introduced in Vista and server 2008 but has been in the Windows NT Resource Kit since 1997) I have used hundreds of times to copy data from an old computer to a new one and the customer wanted to have their data re-instated onto the new computer.
(DISCLAMER: I have never used robocopy in windows 8. some information may not apply)

The reasons I copy the old hard drive to the new one is:
1. If the old drive is damaged (and I don't know it at that time) I may only have a short time to get the data off it.
2. If I forget to copy something into the correct place or the customer throws me a curve ball in a week (some random game their grandson installed on the computer doesn't have his saved games on it anymore and is throwing a hissy fit) I don't have to rely on them still having the old hard drive.

I don’t open command prompt and type the command each and every time, I use a batch script to do my dirty work.
And here goes.

Code:
@echo off

:drivefrom
echo *************************************
echo What is the drive letter that you are copying from?
set /p df=Drive Letter from:
set df=%df:~0,1%

:driveto
echo What is the drive letter that you are copying to?
set /p dt=Drive Letter to:
set dt=%dt:~0,2%

:folder
echo What was the old drive letter?
set /p fdl=old drive letter:
set fdl=%fdl:~0,3%

:START
SET robo_path=robocopy.exe
SET what_to_copy=/COPY:DAT /B /mir
SET exclude_dirs=/XD "Temporary Internet Files" "Cache" "Recent" "Cookies" "IETldCache" "iPod Photo Cache" "MachineKeys" "Default User" "LocalService" "NetworkService" "My Recent Documents" "NetHood" "PrintHood" "SendTo" "Templates"
SET exclude_files=/XF "pagefile.sys" "hiberfil.sys" "*.dmp"
SET options=/R:1 /W:0 /NFL /NDL /E /XJ

%robo_path% %df%: %dt%":\_"%fdl%_Drive.old %what_to_copy% %options% %exclude_dirs% %exclude_files%

:attrib
echo would you like to change the attributes on the %dt%:\_%fdl%_Drive.old folder?
set /p userinp=attrib or not (Y or N):
set userinp=%userinp:~0,1%
if "%userinp%"=="Y" goto attribY
if "%userinp%"=="y" goto attribY
if "%userinp%"=="N" goto attribN
if "%userinp%"=="n" goto attribN
echo Invalid Choice
goto attrib

:attribY
attrib -s -r -h %dt%":\_"%fdl%_Drive.old /s /d
goto end

:attribN
:end
pause

This script asks 4 questions.
Q1 "What is the drive letter that you are copying from?"
Q2 "What is the drive letter that you are copying to?"
Q3 "What was the old drive letter?"
The reason for the third question is that on more than one occasion I have had more than one drive/partition to copy.
Once it has finished coping the data it asks if you want to change the destination folder an all sub folders to no longer be hidden (don’t ask why it is hidden when copied, it has always just done that from the first time I ran this script).

This script copies the data to a folder called (question 2 answer):\_(question 3 answer)_Drive.old

I hope that this helps someone,

AboodY

Print this item

G'Day from down under
Posted by: AboodY - 09-10-2014, 09:47 AM - Forum: New Member Introductions - Replies (6)

Whats up my peeps?

Basic introduction, Hi, I live in South East Queensland Australia and have been dealing with computers in one form or another for the past 14 (or so) years. Just thought I would say hi.

AboodY

Print this item

Notebook / Laptop recovery key instructions
Posted by: TopFreeware - 09-10-2014, 07:58 AM - Forum: Notebook - Replies (3)

Acer
1. Power on the machine
2. At the ACER BIOS post screen, hold down "Alt"  + "F10" key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery
If the above combination doesn’t work press "F10" Key only OR  "Ctrl" + "F" keys together.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click "Restore to Factory Default Settings"
4. Click "OK" to continue
5. The eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image
6. Once eRecovery finishes, press "OK" to reboot your computer.

Dell
Here are the recovery instructions from Dell.
1. Reboot, and press simultaneously "Ctrl" + "F11" at the Dell logo.
2. The Dell™ PC Restore by Symantec screen will come up.
3. Select "Restore" or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
4. If you wish to continue, click "Confirm", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
5. When the utility is finished, click "Finish", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.

EI Systems
To start the recovery, power ON your computer and then press the "F10" key. Tap F10 repeatedly until you see "Starting System Recovery"
* If the above combination doesn’t work  try pressing "Alt" + "F10" together.

Fujitsu
1. Turn on your Fujitsu Lifebook and press "F12" when the Fujitsu logo appears.
* If the above doesn't work press "Alt" + "F11" together
2. Highlight "Recovery and Utility" with your arrow keys and press "Enter".
3. Select a new keyboard layout on the first screen that appears, if your preferred keyboard is not already selected.
4. Select  "Next" > Select "Use recovery tools…" and "Next" on the "Operating System" dialog screen.
5. Click "Recovery and Utility" on the "System Recovery Options" screen.
6. Click the "Recovery" tab and click "Restoring the Factory Image (only C:\drive) and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your Fujitsu Lifebook.

HP/Compaq
1. Turn on your computer &  repeatedly press "F10" (or "F11") at the HP logo until the recovery screen appears.
Notice: At latest HP models you have to press the "Esc" key first and then press  "F10" (or "F11")
2. When the recovery screen appears, press "Next" and then "Yes" to perform a non-destructive recovery.
3. To perform a destructive recovery, click "Advanced" and then "Yes".
4. After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot

IBM Thinkpad
Press the "Blue button" or "F11" Key

Gateway
Here are the Gateway Recovery Instructions.
1. Reboot, and press "F11" or the "R" key to start the recovery process.
2. Select either "Full System Restore – Destructive" or "Full System Restore – With Backup" *
3. Click "Next", and then click "Yes" to confirm the recovery process.
4. Wait for the computer to finish the restore process. When it is done, click "Reboot" to reboot the computer.

MSI
Power On your computer and when the MSI logo appears, press the "F3" key for a few seconds to start the Recovery Program.

Packard Bell
Power On your computer and when the Packard Bell logo appears, press the "F11" key for a few seconds to start the Recovery Process

Toshiba laptop recovery
1. Reboot, and press "F8"
2. Choose the "Repair your computer" option.
* If the above doesn't work try to press and hold the zero (0) key while powering up your computer

Sony Vaio
The VAIO Recovery Center can be accessed by pressing the "F10" key at the BIOS Startup.

Source: https://www.wintips.org/laptops-recovery-instructions-keys/

Print this item

[Solved] IE Per-User Initialization Utility has stopped working!
Posted by: WinXPto10 - 09-10-2014, 02:33 AM - Forum: Windows 7 - Replies (21)

Everytime when i installed IE11 and restart computer and after login, the IE Per-User Initialization Utility has stopped working! what that means?
[Image: 2fflbccyj4ctobzfg.jpg]

Print this item

Kaspersky is amazing
Posted by: ShroomBoy69 - 09-09-2014, 11:35 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (5)

https://cybermap.kaspersky.com/ This site is the coolest thing on the web.

Print this item

Big Grin Fave Food
Posted by: ray - 09-09-2014, 03:12 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (8)

what food do you like, i must say I like a nice Chinese meal

Print this item