Britec Tech Support Forum
My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected - Printable Version

+- Britec Tech Support Forum (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Networking (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected (/showthread.php?tid=3809)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected - GuiltySpark - 10-19-2017

If it's been happening for years it's obviously hardware related, and if they've come and "fixed" it numerous times but still the issue occurs tell them to send you a new router as the firmware or router's hardware could be pretty much verging on FUBAR.

RE: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected - Compton - 10-19-2017

I would have agreed what happening is when the ISP setup router/ modem and save settings

when the modem/router power off itself it's forgetting what settings it had save

RE: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected - Timster - 10-19-2017

With my isp you can simply walk in with your modem/router and tell them you want a replacement. Can you do that with your isp? If so I would go for that.

Does your DSL setup use filters in your home? Those are easy to replace. You can also test the lines in your home yourself with a toner or a buttset.

[attachment=3107]

RE: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected - Britec - 10-19-2017

The dreaded filters, hate them things, thankfully don't get them with VirginMedia 

RE: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected - WinXPto10 - 10-19-2017

does your modem or router failing?

RE: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected - smirk24 - 10-20-2017

No i dont have any filters as shown in the picture.

The isp tech that installed my internet setup drilled a hole through the wall in my room that goes all the way through to the outside of my house.

On the out side of my house a box that connects to another little box inside my room(the box outside is connected to the little box inside my room) the little box has a female ethernet hookup that has a green ethernet cord that runs from the little box to my modem. Other than that i have no idea.

RE: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected - Compton - 10-20-2017

ya the tech probably install an external filter or internal filter

as suggested call them to replace the router /modem

when the tech comes tell him or her you would like to a test with another modem because its donkey years you having that problem

I probably would not say donkey years but sometimes I do feel telling them tech's that but the nicer part come out of me lol

RE: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected - KlaraH - 10-23-2017

I have this kind of trouble with my internet as well. Sometimes the DSL light on router was off, only the power light on. Sometimes the router was fine, I still saw internet connected in my laptop, but I just could not surf any website, it kept saying no internet connection! kinda annoying.
Then what I usually do is try to fix in network and sharing center, or turn off router for 1 minutes, then connect again. I also restart my laptop if necessary, cause in cases it is the laptop problem that cannot connect internet.

RE: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected - smirk24 - 11-12-2017

Alright thank you everyone. We can close the thread

RE: My internet connection with my modem is disconnected more then connected - GuiltySpark - 11-12-2017

So what was the issue?