Britec Tech Support Forum
Windows Repair Toolbox - Printable Version

+- Britec Tech Support Forum (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Computer Software (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Forum: Software Repairs and Troubleshooting (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Windows Repair Toolbox (/showthread.php?tid=682)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Windows Repair Toolbox - AlexCa - 03-06-2017

Thanks! Good to know that the program is being useful for you.

RE: Windows Repair Toolbox - AlexCa - 03-12-2017

Hi, I've updated Windows Repair Toolbox to version 1.8.0.2:

- Replaced Snappy Driver Installer with DriversCloud.
- Now the portable version will only display the initial licence window the first time it runs.

Thank you.

RE: Windows Repair Toolbox - RichTech - 03-12-2017

Thanks for the update Alex!!! Why did you replace Snappy Drivers with DriversCloud?

(03-12-2017, 12:40 AM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  Thanks for the update Alex!!! Why did you replace Snappy Drivers with DriversCloud?

No problem! Some techs (from US and UK, so far) are reporting that SDI is installing Avast in the systems. Since that might pose a serious problem if a computer already have another AV installed, I've decided to replace it.

RE: Windows Repair Toolbox - LarryTheComputerGuy - 03-12-2017

Yeah, that started popping up lately, It gives you the option to install or not on a (((BIG))) splash screen.... all they have to do is click "NO"...geez!!!! Huh

Has anyone said anything about ComboFix? That's a program that I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole...

RE: Windows Repair Toolbox - GuiltySpark - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 07:39 AM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Yeah, that started popping up lately, It gives you the option to install or not on a (((BIG))) splash screen.... all they have to do is click "NO"...geez!!!! Huh

Has anyone said anything about ComboFix? That's a program that I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole...

What don't you like about Combofix?

(03-12-2017, 11:38 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  
(03-12-2017, 07:39 AM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Yeah, that started popping up lately, It gives you the option to install or not on a (((BIG))) splash screen.... all they have to do is click "NO"...geez!!!!  Huh

What don't you like about Combofix?

Had problems with it corrupting system files on too many PCs after running it. I thought I was doing something wrong or it needed an update, so after doing some research at the time... a lot of reputable sources confirmed it was the program. This was before Windows 8 came out... So I have always wondered if they fixed it. Even if it was fixed, it's one of those programs that I just want to give the bird every time I see the name....lol

(03-12-2017, 07:39 AM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Yeah, that started popping up lately, It gives you the option to install or not on a (((BIG))) splash screen.... all they have to do is click "NO"...geez!!!!  Huh

Hi Larry, please check what happens if you don't click in anything in that splash screen (notice the 5 seconds countdown timer over the acceptance button).

(03-12-2017, 01:55 PM)AlexCa Wrote:  

Hi Larry, please check what happens if you don't click in anything in that splash screen (notice the 5 seconds countdown timer over the acceptance button).

Will do Alex...Thanks! Don't take that the wrong way Alex, SDI is such a good driver tool...It's a shame that you had to remove it.

Hmmmm...I didn't get the splash screen that time, and Avast didn't install...

(03-12-2017, 02:01 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  
(03-12-2017, 01:55 PM)AlexCa Wrote:  

Will do Alex...Thanks! Don't take that the wrong way Alex, SDI is such a good driver tool...It's a shame that you had to remove it.

Hmmmm...I didn't get the splash screen that time, and Avast didn't install...

No problem, I totally understand.

From what i understood, the problem doesn't affect the SDI version that is hosted by SourceForge (that's from where WRT downloads the program); but if later you update SDI by using it's built-in auto-updater, the version you'll get will be affected.