Britec Tech Support Forum
How to Slipstream Windows Updates Into Your Installation Disc - Printable Version

+- Britec Tech Support Forum (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Area (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: How to Slipstream Windows Updates Into Your Installation Disc (/showthread.php?tid=692)

How to Slipstream Windows Updates Into Your Installation Disc - Britec - 03-07-2015

How to Slipstream Windows Updates Into Your Installation Disc

https://www.ntlite.com/

MAIN FEATURES

• LIVE INSTALL MODIFICATIONS
  • COMPONENT REMOVAL
  • HARDWARE TARGETING
  • DRIVER, UPDATE, LANGUAGE PACK AND APPLICATION INTEGRATION
  • TWEAKS
  • UNATTENDED SETUP
  • DISK PARTITIONING
  • APPLICATION INSTALLATION AUTOMATION
  • PENDING CHANGES OVERVIEW
  • AND MANY MORE
https://www.windowsupdatesdownloader.com/

WUD allows you to download all of the current Windows Updates using a simple interface. All of the updates are contained in Update Lists (ULs) which allows you to choose which updates you want for which version of Windows. Once WUD has complete it's downloads, you simply integrate them into your Windows source using one of the many popular tools such as NTLite.

RE: How to Slipstream Windows Updates Into Your Installation Disc - JIGSAW - 03-12-2015

I keep getting this while integrating the updates ?

[Image: Screenshot_1_zpstvtkpxzr.png]

I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro 64 which was freshly installed ± 2 weeks ago.

I've dried numerous times & can't get pass the error ??

RE: How to Slipstream Windows Updates Into Your Installation Disc - Britec - 03-13-2015

They have a support section for there software, have you tried posting there? They will know more about that program than me, because they created it.

RE: How to Slipstream Windows Updates Into Your Installation Disc - dankosy2000 - 07-15-2015

I have been trying to make an All in one dvd of all the win 7 64 bit and 32 bit with all the updates but cant seem to get the updates to actualy install on the pc.

can i use your process to do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zCm4c062uI

I was doing it with both x86 and x64 but thought i would just work on the x64 ALL IN ONE ISO until i get this working

I have been mounting the windows  pe x86 in the boot area that has a 9 next to it.

The big question is ...
can this update be done to an all in one image?
I hope that all made Huh  sense.

PS I have a repair shop and wold love to make re installs with all update much quicker for our customers.

RE: How to Slipstream Windows Updates Into Your Installation Disc - Britec - 07-16-2015

It can be done, for simplicity, I would add Windows Updates to x86 and make another one for x64 

RE: How to Slipstream Windows Updates Into Your Installation Disc - dankosy2000 - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 12:25 AM)Britec Wrote:  It can be done, for simplicity, I would add Windows Updates to x86 and make another one for x64 

That's what I have done. Many times and still missing 197 or so updates after reinstall
I'm trying the single version now for win7pro 64 bit with 217 additional updates
I'm running from sub stick onto an ssd drive . Takes about 12 mins for install but every time I check it only has a few installed and I test with win updates they still missing . I even go so far as to start install to see if the install quicker but nothing is working.
So any help on the all in one 64 and all in one 32 bit with updates would be my focus .
I found when I tried to combine them with both 64 and 32 bit updates the seemed to think there we're duplicates so I think 2 images would be best.

Starting work win 7pro sp1 with 217 additional updates now at 10:39 pm.
Done at 10 51 can't possibly have all updates

(07-16-2015, 02:37 AM)dankosy2000 Wrote:  
(07-16-2015, 12:25 AM)Britec Wrote:  It can be done, for simplicity, I would add Windows Updates to x86 and make another one for x64 

That's what I have done. Many times and still missing 197 or so updates after reinstall
I'm trying the single version now for win7pro 64 bit with 217 additional updates
I'm running from usb stick onto an ssd drive . Takes about 12 mins for install but every time I check it only has a few installed and I test with win updates they still missing . I even go so far as to start updates install to see if they install quicker but nothing is working.
So any help on the all in one 64 and all in one 32 bit with updates would be my focus .
I found when I tried to combine them with both 64 and 32 bit updates the seemed to think there we're duplicates so I think 2 images would be best.

Starting to install win 7pro sp1 with 217 additional updates now at 10:39 pm.

Ok now only missed me about 50 updates. Well the process I have been doing seems to only work with 1 version at a time . Has anyone else got the all in one with updates to work?

And those 50 went in real quick .

Well it seems quick but didn't work

Then now it said downloading at 95 97 then dome downloading (375 meg) now installing 1 of 55

Maybe I should have created an ultimate with updates then removed the ei file to make it and all in one .

RE: How to Slipstream Windows Updates Into Your Installation Disc - dankosy2000 - 07-16-2015

Well many more groups of updates but I guess the 150 updates I added ( using win7 w sp1 ISO) is the best I can ask for .

Ok so all updates including optional installed and double checked at 12:08 end time

So 10:38-12:08 complete install with all updates . Is that as fast as possible ?
Here are my specs
Amd eight core 8350 4.gh
16 Gb men
Mushkin ssd mknssdec240gb hard drive and installing from a usb 3 stick( in usb 2 port because I haven't slipstred the driver for it yet)
So besides the usb 3 I guess that is best time possible?

Let me know if anyone gets an all in one to work with updates for each version .

RE: How to Slipstream Windows Updates Into Your Installation Disc - Britec - 07-16-2015

Not sure where your going wrong, but I have been slipstreaming my windows discs for year's and never had any trouble with them installing the updates. 

Here are some written guides you might find easier to follow.

But have you slipstreamed an all in one dvd ?

Yes I have