Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard Drives not picked up in Windows or Bios
well basic on that I would have to say its the motherboard

given the age of it also

Power on hours 21844 seems you left your PC a very long time how old is the hard drive?

(02-24-2019, 03:23 AM)Compton Wrote:  try restarting the  bios by removing the battery from the motherboard

(03-10-2019, 05:10 PM)Compton Wrote:  well basic  on that I would have to say its the motherboard

given the age of it also

I think its definitely the motherboard now or relating to the Sata Controller Board.
I had received my new PSU from Corsair yesterday, installed that today.
Tested power on - and I got it to Post.
Powered down, then assuming I'm awaiting for Windows to load it gets stuck on the Windows 7 Load Splash Screen hmmm strange.

Had a think, and I removed two memory sticks powered up and it got to the desktop?
Put them back in and it eventually got the desktop.

Then what happens my SSD Drive number too starts playing up and it went into Raw State via checking via "Disk Management" Rebooted then at the Post Screen it says "Smart Error" on that drive back up and replace!" I'm just picking off some data on this drive via Ease Data Recovery so least I can get to it.
I can easily contact the Manufacturer which I will do tomorrow to hopefully get a replacement.

But in all terms it has to be the motherboard. So I've gone ahead now to get new parts which will hopefully put this to bed!

(03-11-2019, 10:21 PM)WinXPto10 Wrote:  Power on hours 21844 seems you left your PC a very long time how old is the hard drive?

I've had this drive for a good number of years its the model number HD103SJ and it's never missed a beat.

now the reason you may be having a memory problem is because of the motherboard is failing

few reasons why it's pointing to a motherboard problem is because

1. more than one hard drives not showing bios
  2. memory problems
  3. Sata controller problems

(03-13-2019, 01:39 PM)Compton Wrote:  now the reason you may be having a memory problem is because of the motherboard is failing

few reasons why it's pointing to a motherboard problem is because

1. more than one hard drives not showing bios
  2. memory problems
  3. Sata controller problems

This sounds like the culprit too, I've now tooken the plunge to get new parts so all should be well.
Can sell the CPU and Memory weather I can sell the Mobo remains unknown.

Cheers
Rob

I guess you can sell it on eBay as a used motherboard and somewhat working

please keep us up to date when you get the system bulding and if everything is working