Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Activation
Hello all,
I have a purchased version of windows 8.1 pro that I installed a few years back, my pc is telling me I need to activate windows to change lock screen and a few other things, not sure why it's asking for it now it's been fine for years, I can't find the box with my key, how can I find it, my windows is working ok, it just says I need to activate to change some settings. Please help.
[Image: ykVBGU.jpg]

hi try this

I tried Showkey plus and used the installed key but it still won't activate, says "Incorrect key "  even tried the original key, same response

I have a watermark that says build 9600, it was never there before, wt heck is that

Did you try making contact with Microsoft ?

I did they said the key is not valid, I found my key and it is the genuine key, so I am at a loss.

Where did you get key from?

that's odd

Guess it's time to move on to windows 10, was thinking about it anyway. I give up. Thanks guys

Guess it's time to move on to windows 10, was thinking about it anyway. I give up. Thanks guys

I have to share this, so I could not activate said key was incorrect, then called microsoft they said key was incorrect, out of the blue last night right before I was gonna get a new install, tried the same key one more time wallah, activated with the same key, all works fine, I just don't get it, but system is working great. Have a great day everyone.