The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BT warning email about copyright torrent download
Hi everyone, I recently got an email from BT called "Get It Right From A Genuine Site campaign". In the email, it stated that there was a copyright torrent had been downloaded. It even gave the correct time and the name of the movie that was download from the torrent! I have already done a little research about it and apparently using a VPN would fix the problem, but I always use a VPN anyway because I need it to access pirate bay from my location but I still got an email? I maybe accidentally turned it off and let it seed for a while and maybe that's how I got it but in terms of downloading the torrent, the VPN was switched on. I used a free version of Zenmate extension for google chrome but I'm thinking about a monthly subscription using NordVPN instead. Apparently only the seeding part of the torrent is the problem because you're sharing the data which is the copyright part?

So I was just wondering if anyone else had some more information on this and a solution to stop getting those emails/ letters? There apparently hasn't been anyone brought to court or anything yet because of it but I certainly don't want to be the first.

Here's a link to the BT Get It Right From A Genuine Site campaign website:
https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/what-is-the-get-it-right-from-a-genuine-site-campaign-and-why-have-i-had-an-email-about-it-11364136284839

Messages In This Thread
BT warning email about copyright torrent download - Ajaay27 - 08-08-2017, 09:50 AM