Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Router and Internet issues!!!!
connect the modem to computer without the router then run a speed test https://beta.speedtest.net/

also check to see if the internet will drop

Yeah Compton, now we will find out is it the router or the moderm

Coming up, find out, is it the router or the modern Lol ..

So I connected the modem to one of my laptops without the router and I ran speed test....

Speed test showed nothing different: 30 down, 5 up

However, my internet is working much faster without the router hooked up

well that would tell me its the router did the internet drop at any time?

is 30 down, 5 up the speed you are paying for from the isp

JenoWells6923 Wrote:So I connected the modem to one of my laptops without the router and I ran speed test....

Speed test showed nothing different: 30 down, 5 up

However, my internet is working much faster without the router hooked up.
Well than that seems like your router was the culprit after all. But do Compton's suggestion and find if that is speed you are paying for. Not fair if you paid for a particular package and you are not receiving it.

As previously mentioned, my internet speed was 10 down and 1 up before I called my ISP...now it's 30 down and 5 up, which was technically free lol. And I can cancel that upgrade within 30 days if I want which good I guess.

And no, from what I was able to see, my internet did not drop at all while the test was being performed

Can we all agree that it is my router??

(07-07-2017, 10:26 PM)JenoWells6923 Wrote:  As previously mentioned, my internet speed was 10 down and 1 up before I called my ISP...now it's 30 down and 5 up, which was technically free lol. And I can cancel that upgrade within 30 days if I want which good I guess.

And no, from what I was able to see, my internet did not drop at all while the test was being performed

Can we all agree that it is my router??
Yep, I would agree!!!

Would you like our help to find a compatible router?

Lets close this thread and head over to the one that you created earlier

YEEESS!!! Let us proceed!

yes I would  agree I hope you don't think we took a v very long time to find the problem

but I think what this thread show is how to troubleshoot a problem  and don't just jump the gun Smile  

(07-07-2017, 10:59 PM)Compton Wrote:  yes I would  agree I hope you don't think we took a v very long time to find the problem

but I think what this thread show is how to troubleshoot a problem  and don't just jump the gun Smile   
yeah lets close this thread if that is alright with you compton Smile and go back to his previous thread about finding a router as if we don't go back to that one, there will be no point for that thread.