Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unmountable boot volume. Can't get to c or d drive from windows 10 DVD.
On HP computer, Auto repair gets to language, keyboard doesn't work. Reset 1st Boot Device to [CD-ROM Group]. Booted Windows 10 DVD. From X prompt, when I type C:, I get the error 'the device is not ready'. Really wanted to be able to download my files at least.

Are you trying to download Windows 10 and create ISO file?

(11-09-2017, 05:14 AM)f23948 Wrote:  Are you trying to download Windows 10 and create ISO file?

No. The only computer I have is the one with the unmount able boot volume. Went to local repair shop and purchased a windows 10 disk from them.

Sorry, not used to this site. No. I purchased a windows 10 fall creator x64 dvd disk from a local computer repair shop. Don't have access to another computer to access download.

But why are you even trying to perform a repair? Please be as precise as you can about the issue

It's our only computer. Want to at least get to the command prompt to download our files and data. HP desktop Model P 6520F. AMD Antho II X4 635 processor. 2.90 GHZ x64.looking at the advanced bios. It lists Cache RAM (L2) :2MB. I don't understand what most of this means. Only what I have read in the last 2 weeks. There was 6GB RAM before it crashed. DVD drive is[HP DVD A DH16AAL] The hard drive is 1 GB [WD10EADS-65P6B0] 884GB used on C: D: 105.8 used. Transfer mode is Ultra DMA-5 for hard drive and DVD Drive. Sata1 controller and the Sabbath control mode is RAID. I followed what Brian suggested in his video using a windows10 installation DVD to try to get to the command prompt on the hard drive. I was able to get to the DVD command prompt but could not access the hard drive. Computer is 7 years old. Bsod stops at asking for language. Before it got to the unmountable boot volume I had tried to do a restore point. However, it could not find the restore point. The speaker quit working, then speaker later came back. Lost the protection for router, the option to reset the router wasn't there in windows 10. Computer started acting very slow after last Windows update about mid October.

Okay. I would like you to follow the steps exactly  as explained in the video below and see if it lets you start up your  system

I just tried rebooting and hitting the F9 key. Testing showed:
CPU Test - Passed
Hard Drive Connection Test - Passed
Boot Test - Passed
S.M.A.R.T. Test - Passed
Memory Test - Passed

I just tried rebooting and hitting the F9 key. Testing showed:
CPU Test - Passed
Boot Test - Passed
S.M.A.R.T. Test - Passed
Memory Test - Passed
Ok. Just saw video link. Will try .

(11-09-2017, 07:48 AM)Herbal meds Wrote:  I just tried rebooting and hitting the F9 key. Testing showed:
CPU Test - Passed
Boot Test - Passed
S.M.A.R.T. Test - Passed
Memory Test - Passed
Okay. Please let me know the results after you implement all the steps as explained in that video

(11-09-2017, 07:38 AM)Herbal meds Wrote:  It's our only computer. Want to at least get to the command prompt to download our files and data. HP desktop Model P 6520F. AMD Antho II X4 635 processor. 2.90 GHZ x64.looking at the advanced bios. It lists Cache RAM (L2) :2MB. I don't understand what most of this means. Only what I have read in the last 2 weeks. There was 6GB RAM before it crashed. DVD drive is[HP DVD A DH16AAL] The hard drive is 1 GB [WD10EADS-65P6B0] 884GB used on C: D: 105.8 used. Transfer mode is Ultra DMA-5 for hard drive and DVD Drive. Sata1 controller and the Sabbath control mode is RAID. I followed what Brian suggested in his video using a windows10 installation DVD to try to get to the command prompt on the hard drive. I was able to get to the DVD command prompt but could not access the hard drive. Computer is 7 years old. Bsod stops at asking for language. Before it got to the unmountable boot volume I had tried to do a restore point. However, it could not find the restore point. The speaker quit working, then speaker later came back. Lost the protection for router, the option to reset the router wasn't there in windows 10. Computer started acting very slow after last Windows update about mid October.

you aren't replying properly; if you wish, you can do a preview before posting your reply