Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot connect Firefox & Thunderbird in Virtual Box
    I previously had the help of Britec to install my Oracle Virtual Box and contributed gladly. I now have another problem. I  installed Mozilla Firebird &Thunderbird in the Virtual Box. Reason for such is that I want to email to some fotos from my W 7/64 to the Virtual Box W7/32and also do the opposite. However In Virtual Box I keep getting message that Virtual Box is not connected to internet and a small window opens entitled Connect Broadband Connection asking me User name & password. I really don't know what they are talking about. I don't have such info.
I'm enclosing a snapshot of the Network Settings in case this may reveal the problem. I hope you can help me again.
Thank you for your assistance

change attached to bridge

(07-30-2015, 01:20 AM)Compton Wrote:  change  attached to bridge

I just did as per your instruction and tried to open Firefox but not working. It says 'SERVER NOT FOUND'
Also at bottom right pf Virtual box I can read the following on the icon 'Unidentified network, No internet access'
Plse see new snapshot attached

ok do you have virtualbox adapter in enable on the main computer

if you need me to remote in to take a look send a massage

(07-30-2015, 02:57 AM)Compton Wrote:  ok do you have virtualbox adapter in enable on the main computer

if you need me to remote in to take a look send a massage

yes please. Do you mean with team viewer and skype ?

just send you a massage check your inbox

ok this problem is solved

how to fix this problem
  • open  command prompt as administrator in the virtual windows 7
  • netsh int ipv4 reset
  • netsh int ipv6 reset
  • netsh winsock reset
  • restart your virtual windows 7 system

then change network setting in virtual box
  • attached to NAT
  • select ok

Dear Compton,
Sorry for being so late in answering. I slept till 10:00 am and then being my wife's birthday ( 71 yrs) we had to go ouyt for the whole day.
Thanks so much for spending time with me last night to solve the problem.
All is ok now and I printed your instructions  ( just in case ).
5 things:
1, After command prompt, you mention '' netsh int ipv4 reset''  , Do you mean that I would have to type this in the black window ? and so on for the other 2 mentions ?

2. Thunderbird and Firefox do work now. Thanks. However When I wish,   from Virtual Box, to send a message  + attachment to my main computer Outlook email ( and by the way both Thunderbird and Outlook have the same address - exit.rb"videotron.ca ) it just does not work.
Do you have any suggestion

3. As Per your instruction, I'm sending you a snapshot of Network Setting in this message.

4. I'm looking for the site in Britec where I can fill in my contribution and pay via PayPal. I did it once but I forget how to do it.

5. Finally, I have a comment with regards to email I receive from Britec blog. The sub-sections are presented in a very light blue font color
and I find it very difficult to read.  Would it be a good idea to use a darker blue so we can read easily ?

Again Compton, Thank you so much and Best to You and Yours

(07-30-2015, 12:25 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok this problem is solved

how to fix this problem

• open  command prompt administrator  in the virtual windows 7
  • netsh int ipv4 reset
  • netsh int ipv6 reset
  • netsh winsock reset

then change network setting in virtual box
  • attached to NAT
  • select ok
  • just waiting on nighthawk7jazz  to confirm everything is still working

• yes you would open  command prompt as Administrator
  • netsh int ipv4 reset
  • select enter on your keyboard
  • netsh int ipv6 reset
  • netsh winsock reset

try this in  Thunderbird How to set up Thunderbird to sync your Outlook.com account