Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Upgrade Problem
I upgraded an oldish Acer Aspire from windows 7 to 10. This worked fine for a day. Left it alone for 5 mins and came back to BSOD with message "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We will do this for you" Under that is "system thread exception not handled". I can hear the laptop shut down then power on again. The Acer screen comes on (where you can select F2) followed by the Windows logo and the message "preparing automatic repair" then we are back to the BSOD. Any ideas? I don't have a Windows CD, but do have access to another laptop.

can you boot in to windows 10?

No -every time it reboots when the windows icon comes up, I get the blue screen and restart message

can you give us more information on the blue screen bug code

when it comes up

Inaccessible boot device the blue screen, keeps restarting back to blue screen.Tried fixing boot in command prompt but failed. Ran troubleshooter failed. Cpu was turned off too soon after install I think. I have no image disk and no backup. Will not bootup. Repair disk lets me in to troubleshooter and start repair, both failed What to do?? Was trying a clean install so there is no backup at all on the hard drives.

elroysteele

Can you start a new topic for your problem please as it may differ from OPs