Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 10 Product Key Activation Issue
Hi I did install the beta driver and also noticed an improvement in performance too , so far so good

ok fingers crossSmile

Well unfortunately , I did get another blue screen , it's when I run a game say like train simulator , but Microsoft state that they taken problem as far as it can go , that I need to take system to local repair shop , well we know what happened last time I did that ...had it for a week and still didn't know what happened ...yet they guy I took it to before has "windows 10 problems ? We can help !" I come from a small town and do not fancy carrying a computer on a train as I don't have own transport

I still don't know whether changing the memory would help
...it's trial and error ....i did check before I went to windows ten that motherboard was compatible , and there are windows 10 drivers for that motherboard on gigabyte website

it's a video driver problem with windows 10 I don't think it's hardware run driver verifier again

just to confirm also you are only getting the blue screen when playing train simulator ?

Hi , I was getting the blue screen when playing train simulator , not however when playing assassins creed , since found out that train simulator people are reporting problems anyway with train simulator , so not a good benchmark . However since I have ticked for Windows update to , update every other micosoft product , things like Visual Basic redistributable get updated , and yesterday left my PC on and it didn't crash ....so keeping fingers crossed , also I sent email to gigabyte who stated that my motherboard is compatible with Windows 10 .....as I was on the verge of replacing the motherboard . I also installed the drivers that came with the motherboard for the A55 chipset .

ya fingers crossed

I must say you have lots of patience most people would already give up

you would do great in IT it just goes to show how hard it can be to troubleshoot blue screen

(09-24-2015, 10:54 AM)Compton Wrote:  ya fingers crossed  

I must say you have lots of patience most people would already give up

you would do great in IT it just goes to show how hard it can be to troubleshoot blue screen

hi Compton,
funny you should say that as when is was in college I used to help out the Computer Technician , in fact he used to leave me in charge while he was on lunch . Also I don't like things getting the better of me , this I installed Flight simulator X steam edition and then got my first blue screen of death for two days I have uploaded the attachment as before the good news is , is that it is an error I have had before

Attached Files
.htm   WhoCrashedOutput 24-09-2015..htm (Size: 8.57 KB / Downloads: 1)

you seem to be getting blue screen when trying to play games

let's test it out play no games just use the computer normal youtube normal stuff

just to see if you will get any blue screen

Ok I will do that thanks for your support , it's your help that has encouraged me to get to bottom of problem , and good to know I can fall back on this forum should I come unstuck

Also I have on board sound on the motherboard a Realtek sound card , I do not use this as I wanted to have surround sound , so I have an Omni creative USB sound card that connects to the USB and is an external sound card , but have not updated the Realtek driver as I do not use this sound card , is it possible that I need to make sure that these drivers are updated even though I don't use it ?

yes you should update them