Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No internet while using printer network
I am trying to solve a network problem. I have access to the internet using the Data Sharing feature on my smart phone. This works fine until I do the following. I have two printers which I use with my PC on a network. They are connected to a spare BT hub which I use as a router, but not for internet access as I have no land line. When I switch on the BT hub to use my printers, I can no longer access the internet. Even though the computer is still connected wirelessly to my smart phone, Internet Explorer and my email client try to access the internet through the BT hub. If I switch off the BT hub, the internet works normally again. This means I am unable to access the internet whilst using my printers and vice versa. Is there a way to force Windows to look for the internet via my wireless connection to my phone, instead of trying to connect to the web via BT broadband (which I don’t have- just the old hub)? Hardware:- Dell Desktop PC, Windows 7 home premium 64bit, BT Home Hub 3 (connected via PC's built-in ethernet card), Nokia Lumia 925 (connected via plug in USB WiFi dongle), Sharp MX 7200n (connected via ethernet cable to BT hub). Any suggestions would be appreciated.