Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I use windows repair disk or try to fix HirensbootCD to work?
I'm in the same boat as a previous post with HirensbootCD not having the hbcd menu programs.
I'm trying to repair my mom's computer I built new 4 months ago.
gigabyte h81-ds2v motherboard, g3258 intel cpu, samsung evo 250gb, wd 1tb black hhd for storage, 4gb g.skill ddr3-1600 ram, asus 24x dvd/cd rom, windows 7 home prem-64bit, antec 380w green ps.
I think the no boot to windows 7 problem started after windows automatic update rebooted the computer and the cable modem lost connection during the update.

Watching Brians youtubes for a while now and following his video on repairing the mbr with HirensbootCd.
HirensbootCD will boot up in minixp but only 4 icons and no hbcd programs.

I ran startup repair first in the system recovery options then went and tried a restore point back about 2 weeks ago, still no bootup into windows, just keeps going into automatic repair screen or start normally screen which loops right back to the same repair and start screen.
I have run bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /fixboot from the windows 7 dvd repair command and still won't boot!

I have read some post on web about hbcd menu not working in 64 bit OS software...
I think I will have try repair from the windows 7 dvd disk next?
Any advice?
Chuck

you should do a repair install of windows 7

it could also be a failing hard test your hard drive

start watching from 6: 42

Hiren’s BootCD ISO

rufus

(08-16-2015, 03:52 AM)SUPERTUNE Wrote:  I'm in the same boat as a previous post with HirensbootCD not having the hbcd menu programs.
gigabyte h81-ds2v motherboard, g3258 intel cpu, samsung evo 250gb, wd 1tb black hhd for storage, 4gb g.skill ddr3-1600 ram, asus 24x dvd/cd rom, windows 7 home prem-64bit, antec 380w green ps.
I think the no boot to windows 7 problem started after windows automatic update rebooted the computer and the cable modem lost connection during the update.

Watching Brians youtubes for a while now and following his video on repairing the mbr with HirensbootCd.

I ran startup repair first in the system recovery options then went and tried a restore point back about 2 weeks ago, still no bootup into windows, just keeps going into automatic repair screen or start normally screen which loops right back to the same repair and start screen.
I have run bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /fixboot from the windows 7 dvd repair command and still won't boot!

I have read some post on web about hbcd menu not working in 64 bit OS software...
Any advice?
Chuck

Try in recovery console.

chkdsk /f /r
sfc /scannow

Get back to us with results

(08-18-2015, 02:19 AM)TopFreeware Wrote:  
(08-16-2015, 03:52 AM)SUPERTUNE Wrote:  I'm in the same boat as a previous post with HirensbootCD not having the hbcd menu programs.

Any advice?
Chuck

Try in recovery console.

chkdsk /f /r
sfc /scannow

Get back to us with results

Hi guys,
I tried to run repair disk and kept getting a error... 'This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair'
I then used the f12 boot order and rebooted to the UEFI boot option and then was able to get to the command prompt in the recovery console.
Typed in the listed commands above at this command prompt:
X:\Sources>sfc /f /r
At the next prompt after typing in this: sfc /scannow
I got this reply...
There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again.

Is this the result I should have gotten?
Thank you for helping!

Chuck

did you try this ?