Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 Hanging- driving me insane
Hi guys,

hopfully you can help.

I have a Sony Viao Windows 7 64 bit intel i3 6gb Ram.some time now my system seems to stop running, at first it started to become unresponsive while web browsing. it would hang for a few seconds then come back to normal.

now it has got much worse, not just while online, but just general use such as view videos on my computer (not a stream). i would hang for up to 2-3min.

Ive run so many things like CCleaner, Malwarebytes, AVG, i Defraged, Check Disc utility.

I opened up task manager a noticed that the CPU goes all the way to 0% when it hangs, then springs back to life after the laptop has done what it does.

the Ram goes between very little and half way, it never spikes all the way.

Im not very technical when it comes to all this so please forgive me.

The laptop is driving me mad as a simple thing like watch a movie is a nightmare.

can anyone help

test your hard drive How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows

how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info

Have you check the temperature's? A overheating system can do a lot of damage. If you have pass Check Disc with repairs with no problems then it could just be a driver hanging the system. Try updating display driver which you could get on the sony support just look for your model.

i tested the hard drive and no problems there

I downloaded a software called PC-wizard and

Core 1- 56 degree
Core 2- 55 degree
Energy power- 5.6W

not sure if this means anything?

and it was 38 degrees for my hard drive

boot into safe mode see if it will Hang

idle temperatures do look fine. Try using prime95 this will test the cpu under load. How long do it take to happen when you turn the system on.? I would try safe mode first so how you get on with that.

i ran it in Safe Mode, and i didnt get any hang, i tried to play videos and music or surf the internet but im guessing in Safe Mode this does not allow you too.

Im currently running Prime95- Blend Stress test. im not sure how long i should run this for, Ive checked my task manager while this is running and CPU is at 100%, Ram is just reaching 5gb, Fan is going super fast.

what should i do while this is running?

if you want to surf the internet in safe mode  select safe mode with networking

if its not hanging in safe mode
  • it's Malware
  • Driver's
  • startup items that's starting up with your computer

try disabling startup programs

ok i will try this,

how long should i run this Prime95....so far everything i can see its passing.

whats the best free software for malware? and how do i update drivers for a sony vaio?

what's your sony vaio model number ?

don,t run prime95

this video should be a good guideline for removing malware