Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 Hanging- driving me insane
ok so there has been some improvement...... the windows are not saying (not responding) which is good. But from time to time is does still hang. Not as long as before, but it still does it.

Im using Google Chrome, as first when issue started happening i was using firefox, but as i was scanning for issues i saw alot of firefox related issues so i deleted it.

This is a strange one as well, while typing the cursor seems to go to another part of the text and it makes me type there, messing everything up. Had to explain. Ive tried that function (hide cursor) but no luck.

spoke to soon........its just said not responding Sad

spoke to soon........its just said not responding Sad

run a full scan of malwarebytes in safe mode

i ran the scan and nothing showed up. and i even ran CCleaner in safe mode and nothing......maybe my laptop is finished?

no its probably malware did you run any resource disk ?

Bitdefender

Dr.Web® LiveDisk

Kaspersky Rescue Disk

will i loose anything if i use any of these?

and no i have not used any of these

no you will not lose anything by using those

hi again, i used Bitdefender as you said,

i booted it from the USB, and it found no faults.....

should i try one of the others?

yes you should

Your hard drive may be failing. This happen to me with a new hard drive. It would hang up @ bootup sometimes and i would have to reboot. Backup data before hard drive fails. My hard drive pass all the test i ran because it had not fail enough to register.

Hi again, I'm currently running Dr.web rescue disc (booting from the USB).

It's been scanning for over 24h, and it's continues to scan, it has found 50 threats at the moment, stuffy at other programs didn't find.

Should I continue to let it scan bearing in mind it's been scanning for over 24hs? So far it's scanned 464616 objects and continues to go up.