Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outlook 2013 from 2003
I have exhausted my personal gray matter on this problem.
In a nutshell, my old XP machine with Outlook 2003 was doing fine when the bulging capacitors on the mother board finally caught up with me. My dual 2 TB drives which had been cloned up with Acronis from the original maxed out 80 GB drives are in great shape, so I used a USB 3.0 external enclosure to port the 10GB Outlook 2003 pst file to my Windows 7-->10 machine with Microsoft Professional 2013 fully licensed. My local ISP (Time Warner) was very hands off in assisting me with Outlook and instructed me to go to Microsoft for help - they forgot to tell me how to get there, however!

So a few days later I have managed to get Outlook 2013 working with a few accounts, but there are major issues.

I was able to setup my 3 ISP provided accounts - a Master account and two subaccounts. One of the subaccounts is the one I mainly use and I have a long history and archive with it for various organizations I am active in (as a retired, but part-time employed older male who volunteers quite a bit). A couple of those accounts are webmaster accounts for web sites I maintain (with Web Expressions 4) That main email account is listed as my default account and is the one emails are sent from by default. HOWEVER - the mailboxes no longer go into one communal inbox as with 2003 - they are separated on the left panel and I can find no way to move them together. The old PST file structure imported fine and can still be accessed for saving emails, but it is a pain. To make it worse, even though Outlook 2013 seems to think that main email account works well, I see no email in it even after importing the PST file from my XP machine and sending email to it from one of my other accounts either in the app itself or from another platform such as my iPhone.

I am seriously considering using my Office 2003 install disk to pave over Outlook 2013 with the earlier version. Before I do that are there users out here who have a place I can go to to find the info I need without going through the endlessly trivial videos out there on how to set up Outlook 2013? In this situation I have had to use the manual setup and it has worked - but as noted above - it doesn't work well.

Papa Smurf

Rochester, NY

Hi Papa Smurf

I don't use MS Office Outlook type systems but if you haven't tried it check the settings as in shown here: https://www.msoutlook.info/question/520 to change the folder(s).