Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did these partitions come from?
For years I've been using Macrium Reflect to create Drive Images of my Vista PC, sadly I think that that pc might be dead (still working on it, I'm 'a never give-upper').

So in the meantime I've had to switch to my Windows 8.1 pc which I've had for 10 months and barely used - I hate Windows 8.1 and the pc. I don't want Windows 10 either, so eventually I'm going to try Linux.

So, for now, I've got to get to grips with Windows 8.1, and my problem, I tried to create a drive image on an external drive with Macrium Reflect v6 but I find that version to be a bit confusing and don't want to spend loads of time getting used to it as I need to be working on my sick pc.

I've just seen the Britec vid on Aomei OneKey, so I'm going to try that, it looks very straight forward.  But, I seem to have done something strange with my C drive - screenshot attached.

I've got one drive ie C and I have no idea where the partitions came from, I only found out about them when I tried to create a drive image on the external drive.

Has anybody got any idea what I did to cause this and more to the point, how do I resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Loopy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

These are the hidden partitions that the GPT partition table creates vs mbr partition table. That looks normal to me.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(09-26-2015, 04:40 AM)Timster Wrote:  These are the hidden partitions that the GPT partition table creates vs mbr partition table. That looks normal to me.
Thanks for responding, sorry for being a bit thick, but why are there two IMGSTOR partitions in the top section and one IMGSTOR partition in the bottom section.

AND

When I do my drive image should I include all the partitions that the Drive Image Software finds?

Jeanette

ps I hope I've done this reply to your reply correctly, couldn't find any 'How To'

(09-26-2015, 12:40 PM)Loopy Wrote:  
(09-26-2015, 04:40 AM)Timster Wrote:  These are the hidden partitions that the GPT partition table creates vs mbr partition table. That looks normal to me.
Thanks for responding, sorry for being a bit thick, but why are there two IMGSTOR partitions in the top section and one IMGSTOR partition in the bottom section.

AND

When I do my drive image should I include all the partitions that the Drive Image Software finds?

Jeanette

ps I hope I've done this reply to your reply correctly, couldn't find any 'How To'

These are hidden partitions that GPT uses and are needed to boot to a GPT partition. The reason why they are blank is simply because they are meant to be hidden. You would need to copy all of the partitions over to have a complete bootable backup.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net