Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to remove or change OEM boot up Logo
Hi Guys,

I brought a custom laptop, its perfect except one thing.

When I boot up the laptop it comes up with a logo splash screen which I don't want, it's the name of the company I purchased it from, I get no Windows logo or Windows is starting screen, the laptop has the company logo etched on the lid for all to see, so removing the annoying splash screen wouldn't hurt, I just want it gone!! and want the windows start up splash screen back!!.

I have checked the Bios settings and it is there as a option to enable/disable the logo but it is greyed out Sad.

Does anyone have any advise on how to change this and what software to use, I'm aware of I could flash the Bios but never have done it before but I feel I'm able to do it.

Thanks

Lee2k

what your laptop model numberand brand?

(11-05-2015, 01:58 PM)Compton Wrote:  what your laptop model numberand brand?

Manufacturer CLEVO
Model W9x0LU

I think you're looking at a fresh install of the OS as builders tend to embed these things, although there may be a way through the Registry to disable at the Windows splash screen (I'm assuming you're referring to this?).

(11-05-2015, 02:22 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I think you're looking at a fresh install of the OS as builders tend to embed these things, although there may be a way through the Registry to disable at the Windows splash screen (I'm assuming you're referring to this?).

It happens when I first power on the laptop, only thing I see is the logo of the manufacturer nothing else then it goes straight to the desktop.

it has come with a 30 day trail of windows 10, so if I do a fresh install of my own OS will this default back to Windows start up screens.

I am guessing you want to disable the laptop logo sometime like this

[Image: biossplash.jpg]

when you enter  the bois do you get the option to enter bios as guest or administrator ?

(11-05-2015, 02:22 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I think you're looking at a fresh install of the OS as builders tend to embed these things, although there may be a way through the Registry to disable at the Windows splash screen (I'm assuming you're referring to this?).

It happens when I first power on the laptop, only thing I see is the logo of the manufacturer nothing else then it goes straight to the desktop.

it has come with a 30 day trail of windows 10, so if I do a fresh install of my own OS will this default back to Windows start up screens.  

(11-05-2015, 03:18 PM)Compton Wrote:  I am guessing you want to disable the laptop logo sometime like this

[Image: biossplash.jpg]

when you enter  the bois do you get the option to enter bios as guest or administrator ?

No, this is what I get then it boots straight to the desktop without any other screens or text.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bs9woz8pj45ad9/IMG_0349.JPG?dl=0

L332k

Go to BIOS Security settings and create a BIOS admin password.

press f10 to save setting

then reboot enter your BIOS enter the admin password.

then see if you can disable the logo

please don.t forget your  BIOS admin password

(11-05-2015, 04:15 PM)Compton Wrote:  Go to BIOS Security settings and create a BIOS admin password.

press f12 to save setting

I tried your suggestion but no luck Sad, I still get this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwh30qy4f7yh633/IMG_0350.JPG?dl=0

(11-05-2015, 04:50 PM)lee2k Wrote:  
(11-05-2015, 04:15 PM)Compton Wrote:  Go to BIOS Security settings and create a BIOS admin password.

press f12 to save setting

I tried your suggestion but no luck Sad, I still get this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwh30qy4f7yh633/IMG_0350.JPG?dl=0

It's usually F10 to save and exit. Don't know if Compton made a typo?
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.