Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to remove or change OEM boot up Logo
yes I did make a typo sorry

thanks for the correctin EAPTCB Smile

(11-05-2015, 05:10 PM)EAPTCB Wrote:  
(11-05-2015, 04:50 PM)lee2k Wrote:  
(11-05-2015, 04:15 PM)Compton Wrote:  Go to BIOS Security settings and create a BIOS admin password.

press f12 to save setting

then reboot enter your BIOS enter the admin password.

then see if you can disable the logo

please don.t forget your  BIOS admin password

I tried your suggestion but no luck Sad, I still get this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwh30qy4f7yh633/IMG_0350.JPG?dl=0

It's usually F10 to save and exit. Don't know if Compton made a typo?

Yeah I did manage to do it but the it didn't work when I rebooted and got back into the Bios, the Boot Logo is still enabled and cant change it to disabled.

Quote:Yeah I did manage to do it but the it didn't work when I rebooted and got back into the Bios, the Boot Logo is still enabled and cant change it to disabled.

As already mentioned, you may need to reinstall your operating system, and if that doesn't work you will need to try and flash your BIOS, but you really don't want to go down that route unless you have a major problem since it could potentially render your computer unusable!

Maybe living with the splash screen for a few seconds in boot up is a better option than risking adverse effects to your system. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I'm a firm believer in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. Smile
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

did you recently buy that laptop because you said it comes with a 30 day trail of windows 10

if you buy a laptop it should be activated with windows 10 not 30 trail

that don't sound right

(11-05-2015, 06:42 PM)EAPTCB Wrote:  
Quote:Yeah I did manage to do it but the it didn't work when I rebooted and got back into the Bios, the Boot Logo is still enabled and cant change it to disabled.

As already mentioned, you may need to reinstall your operating system, and if that doesn't work you will need to try and flash your BIOS, but you really don't want to go down that route unless you have a major problem since it could potentially render your computer unusable!

Maybe living with the splash screen for a few seconds in boot up is a better option than risking adverse effects to your system. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I'm a firm believer in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. Smile

yeah i'll live with it, not in to flashing bios.

thank you for your help appreciate it.

(11-05-2015, 07:02 PM)Compton Wrote:  did you recently buy that laptop because you said it comes with a 30 day trail of windows 10

if you buy a laptop it should be activated with windows 10 not 30 trail

that don't sound right

I purchased the laptop without a OS installed, I will be installing Linux OS.

Thank you for all your help and I appreciate it, thank you again.

Quote:yeah i'll live with it, not in to flashing bios.

thank you for your help appreciate it.

You're welcome, always happy to try and help a fellow forum member Smile
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

Old Thread but I want to make a point. The reason it shows the manufacturer logo while booting in windows because windows is installed UEFI mode and running in UEFI Mode. The only way to solve this is to change the BIOS boot settings to Legacy Mode and install windows. Once you have done that, you will see the Windows Boot Logo. Flashing the bios, adding admin password or anything else won't solve this.

Hope this helps

RECdevicehelper