Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Full Scanning program?
i was wondering if anyone can recommend me a Free Full-Scan program for my computer that would clear all the bad stuff from my drive.
a full scanning program that would detect and fix/delete unnecessary stuff to enhance computer performance overall

I suppose you mean program(s) to scan off-line - not a virusscanner.

First: It cannot be done by one program! Undecided  
► To clean your PC from Malware: I have been very successful with [1] Malwarebytes free; [2] SuperAntispyware free; and [3] Emsisoft free (emergency kit).  Shy Do not forget to Update before every scan and run all three, even more-or-less at the same time, if you happen to have a fast PC..!

► To clean excess stuff from your PC: CCleaner and Wise care 365; they are both very safe and clean very well. This is probably what you are looking for.

► To control several functions on your PC: Glary utitlities 5 free - i.e.: check the programs that start with your PC, stop them all except your Virusscanner and other nessesary stuff like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. Maximum five programs to start with you PC. This can make a huge difference for your StartUp time. For instance also » BackUp your Computer « to make an Image/SystemCopy for when your Pc needs a refresh!

► As for virusscan, I do not use free programs.  I swear by Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9.

I am convinced this information can help you a lot!

Kind regards,

Walter

(09-21-2014, 03:18 AM)WaWa Wrote:  I suppose you mean program(s) to scan off-line - not a virusscanner.

First: It cannot be done by one program! Undecided  
► To clean your PC from Malware: I have been very successful with [1] Malwarebytes free; [2] SuperAntispyware free; and [3] Emsisoft free (emergency kit).  Shy Do not forget to Update before every scan and run all three, even more-or-less at the same time, if you happen to have a fast PC..!

► To clean excess stuff from your PC: CCleaner and Wise care 365; they are both very safe and clean very well.  This is probably what you are looking for.

► To control several functions on your PC: Glary utitlities 5 free - i.e.: check the programs that start with your PC, stop them all except your Virusscanner and other nessesary stuff like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.  Maximum five programs to start with you PC.  This can make a huge difference for your StartUp time. For instance also » BackUp your Computer « to make an Image/SystemCopy for when your Pc needs a refresh!

► As for virusscan, I do not use free programs.  I swear by Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9.

I am convinced this information can help you a lot!

Kind regards,

Walter

thank you so much for your kind reply walter! you've been a great help! Cheers!

Not sure if this will help but Hitman Pro is really nice.

Hitman Pro is a paid version of an off-line malware scanner. A very good one.

If Antharony would add | Hitman Pro | and the new | Emsisift Inernet safety | scanner to what I proposed,
his machine will be better guarded than hell..!