Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help to install OS
Why to buy a new hard drive when I can see the content and the system Diagnostic tests is also passed the hard drive test

Setting... I booted from a dvd

And when I press enter on os boot manager nothing happens

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like you changed the AHCI/IDE settings and now the hard drive is not recognized. Try changing that setting back or load defaults save and exit.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

How to do that... Can you please tell me the procedure sir

When your in the bios section press the f9 key or slide over to exit and see if the bios has anything to listed that has to do with load system defaults and then press the key that is next to to the default setting

I already set the bios to default but it didn't worked and that's why I changed the boot order of hard drive to second and CD drive to first but I'm still not able to boot into installation sometimes.... and smirk24 please read the whole thread

like I said before you will have to clear bios by taking out cmos battery

its will look something this

[Image: 140.jpg]

now you will have to go down to motherboard level to remove the battery

remove the battery for 1 minute then put it back in

this video should help with dissembling the laptop

here is the hp manual for your laptop should help also https://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502 

Thanks everybody... Just changing the boot order of hard drive to second and CD drive to first and using a fresh windows 7 sp 1 USB Bootable solved the problem

Err, that's what we said before and you said it was a no go.
(12-16-2015, 03:10 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I have to agree with Compton on this, if it is under warranty then its not going to cost you anything to have it fixed.

Although, looking at the system config. I would try disabling Legacy and enabling Secure Boot then go into the UEFI Boot Order and make sure Internal CD ROM Drive is top of the list or just selected.

This method would be for 8.1 and up only.

Also how did you get Enterprise version I thought they only gave those to Business users?

My bad GuiltySpark.. Sorry and thanks for all the support and yeah that was no go cuz the Bootable USB somehow got corrupted and one of my Windows 7 DVD was not working also and my data which was in D drive now is in E drive and E drives data is in D drive I don't know how maybe cuz of some hard drive bad sectors problem

And can anyone tell me why am I seeing this screen at every startup and how do I remove it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

are the windows 7 installation genuine

did you pirate windows 7?