Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bios in this system is not fully acpi compliant ***STOP: 0x000000A5
I have a Lenova G70, Windows 8.1 I just got it for Xmas. I was in the process of changing my admin password........the doorbell rang I went to sign for a parcel and upon my return to my office, my 4 year old was banging away at the keys I screamed he spun around pulling the powercord out of the pc (I took the battery out and left my laptop plugged in the wall all the time) Soooooo here we are  I have spent 6 days and numerous ways trying to get back into my pc. I downloaded that Hiren Boot cd to a USB (and the rufus) I went into the bios and did EXACTLY what you said to do. Now Im getting bluescreened
                                            HERE IS THE MESSAGE ON THE BLUE SCREEN
A problem was detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. PLease contact system vendor if unable to obtain latest bios you can turn off ACPI mode during TEXT MODE SETUP.  To do this press F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x000000002, 0x8B6BE90, 0x0000000001, 0x8B69AE38)

First.... WHAT IS TEXT MODE SETUP? My head is about to explode! I would wipe this entire system EXCEPT I cant for 2 reasons 1. Part of my dissertation is in it. and 2. I downloaded all my photos from my camera onto that bloody laptop. Pictures are of my brother(deceased) and my best friend (also deceased) I wanted to use that card on my camera again because you cant buy them anymore. I was going to copy them all to a disk (for a pressie) and a usb (for me). I already  ordered both.
PLEASE IM BEGGING.......someone please help me Im going crazy.   (ps I never had these problems with vista or windows98se I HATE WINDOWS 8!!!!!!!!!!!) I rang a computer guy but he wanted £120 to do it I dont have that kinda money we have 4 kids. Im ready to get a 3rd job to get the money for the ripoff guy.
Thanks

try setting the bios back to default