Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can i run the media creation tool in an computer already upgraded to Windows 10?
Can i run the media creation tool to an computer that has already upgraded to Windows 10?
I need to create an iso file for my VirtualBox to install Windows 10 there but unfortunately when i read the note of the microsoft from the media creation tool website that We recommend using the media creation tool on a PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. If you run this tool on a PC running Windows 10, it can overwrite temporary files that are needed if you ever want to go back to your previous operating system.

Does this affect my PC?

(02-25-2016, 02:51 AM)Robert Salas Wrote:  Can i run the media creation tool to an computer that has already upgraded to Windows 10?

Yes. You can. I have upgraded to Windows 10 and I've also downloaded the media creation tool and used it several times to clean install Windows. Here is a good video to show you how.

If you have intentions of going back to your old OS or if you're worried about the files you mentioned then why not just download the Windows 10 ISO and burn it to a DVD or USB without using the media creation tool?

You can grab any version of Windows 10 ISO direct from Microsoft.
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

@Robert Salas did your issue get resolved?
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.