Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Defender Adanced Threat Detection
I just watched a video about the new Windows Defender ATP it's aimed currently for Enterprise users but will it come to all Windows 10 users eventually? And, if so, I would assume that this version of defender would require a system to has NOT been 'Immunised' against Microsoft spying for it to perform as stated. What do you guys think?

Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

let's face it Windows Defender sucks so I am not expecting anything too exciting

Microsoft has been claiming this type of security before every new OS launch. Why should we believe them now?
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

It's no different to what other vendors have been offering for years, think of it as "Herd Protect with Real Time Protection".

The nature of Malware will change drastically over the next 5 years, you'll see less and less users being infected and more Platforms being hit (server side) resulting in Infrastructure damage across the update service.

At present MS uses a very similar type of system as their previous set up, the difference being Win 10 is classed as WaaS = Windows as a Service meaning each update / upgrade is automated via a server whether you wish to update or not.
Currently with Windows Phone the apps are Virtual, in time Desktop versions of Win10s latest build(s)will also be virtual making Malware hits on a server far more difficult to exact across all devices / terminals.

Some interesting comments. I get the general consensus and will not be trusting Defender no matter how much smoke they blow. Shame really. And to quote a phrase from my favourite TV show "I want to believe" Smile
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

Defender / MSE when it first came out was brilliant but the it did so well the other vendors complained as MS knew their OS better than anyone else giving them the advantage, so MS were forced to downgrade their AV.

(03-03-2016, 12:56 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Defender / MSE when it first came out was brilliant but the it did so well the other vendors complained as MS knew their OS better than anyone else giving them the advantage, so MS were forced to downgrade their AV.

Really? Wow. I often wondered why Microsoft didn't make their own defence system better. Now I know.

This is yet another blow from the 'politically correct regiment' -  "Don't make your security features too good, because we can't compete" I mean, come on that's just insane. It all started off with Internet explorer a few years ago, didn't it? When Microsoft were forced to include a desktop icon giving the user the option to install a different browser so that users were not 'forced' to use IE.

The next thing you know, when you buy a new computer, at the setup screen, you'll be asked "which operating system would you like to install? Windows, Lynux, Ubuntu or something else?" Smile

Quote:The next thing you know, when you buy a new computer, at the setup screen, you'll be asked "which operating system would you like to install? Windows, Lynux, Ubuntu or something else?"

Aah, but what version of Open Source distro there is just too many to offer.

I'm new so forgive me when I say I use defender only because I have hade bad luck with the only two anti viruses I've bought. what I decided to do is run Bitdefender, and other free software like hitman pro every once in a while along with common sense and three others too keep my system clean. I ran five good free anti viruses and not intel I ran Bitdefender did I get that Trojan. and there was only one. But all the other ones missed it. P.S I was running MCAFEE at the time I got that Trojan.
WannaBeGeek

BitDefender and Windows Defender are two different AVs.