Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Froze on updates
OK Sparky, I will give those a try, and I have to go to the doctor for a bit so I will get back to you in a little while, TY for your time my friend I will b n touch
[Image: ykVBGU.jpg]

Kudos Sparky, I discovered the laptop was never shutting down, it was going either into sleep or hibernation, have not determined which yet, but I held down the power button (with the AC cord still plugged in) for about 10 sec, then the sleep lights, (which I was not aware of until talking to ASUS) finally shut off, these are not the indicator lights but rather a light inside the unit itself, that flashed after I tried to shut down, anyhow that light went off after holding the power button for 10 sec, which allowed me to restart the unit normally it jumped back to installing the updates and 5 min later, "BAM" unit back up and actually running better than before. So holding the power button actually did the trick, that surge you talked about had to be the issue, again TY for your time, I totally appreciate the help. Couldn't have discovered it without your insight.  :-)

.jpg   2_thumbs-up.jpg (Size: 24.86 KB / Downloads: 19)
[Image: ykVBGU.jpg]

Yea Sleep and Hibernation are known for causing problems with shutdowns and other issues, I always make sure those are permanently off. Its something that's never really been rectified in laptops.

Still, glad its all sorted Smile