Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix? Your connection is not secure
I am trying to access google.co.uk but it keeps coming up the connection is not secure. error code SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER. I am running Windows 10 pro and this also happend in Windows 8.1 Pro. I have checked the time and it is correct.

Please help me !

try resetting your router

[Image: router.png] Router Reset

• Typically a reset can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router.
  • Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 30 seconds)
  • In order to get to the router's server, type http:\\192.168.1.1 in the address bar and click Enter. You should see the log in window.
  • Fill in the password you have already found and you will get the configuration page.
  • Configure the router to allow you to connect to your ISP server. In some routers it is done by a setup wizard.
  • If you do not have a setup wizard you have to fill in the log in password your ISP has initially given to you. You can also call your ISP if you don't have your initial password.
  • Don't forget to change the routers default password and set a stronger, more complex password. Note down the password and keep it somewhere for future reference.

(05-21-2016, 12:31 PM)Compton Wrote:  try resetting your router

[Image: router.png] Router Reset

• Typically a reset can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router.
  • Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 30 seconds)
  • In order to get to the router's server, type http:\\192.168.1.1 in the address bar and click Enter. You should see the log in window.
  • Fill in the password you have already found and you will get the configuration page.
  • Configure the router to allow you to connect to your ISP server. In some routers it is done by a setup wizard.
  • If you do not have a setup wizard you have to fill in the log in password your ISP has initially given to you. You can also call your ISP if you don't have your initial password.
  • Don't forget to change the routers default password and set a stronger, more complex password. Note down the password and keep it somewhere for future reference.

Thank you for responding to my case Compton, I appreciate and anyone who responds aswell, I apoligise, but I didn't give you all the necessary information, This error happens on google chrome and other browser execpt firefox, which doesn't make sense and when I boot into safe mode with networking in Windows 10, google chrome and any other browser works

could be malware

[Image: malwarebytes-icon.png] Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

(05-21-2016, 06:20 PM)Compton Wrote:  could be malware

[Image: malwarebytes-icon.png] Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

• Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.
Hi, I have done that ! There were no threats at all. Here is the report

Attached Files
.txt   Malware scan report.txt (Size: 1.03 KB / Downloads: 5)

There are a few things that you would have to check initially

First, make sure that Chrome is up to date. To do this, click on the icon with three horizontals bars at the top right corner, select Help and then "About google Chrome".. check the following picture

It will then display the version of Chrome that you have. Its current version is 50.0.2661.102 just in case

If the issue is still there, try clearing the browser history. For this, open Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + Del and clear the browsing data by selecting "the beginning of time" as highlighted in the picture below

If the issue persists, try loading Chrome without any extensions. For this, click on that icon with the horizontal bars, select "More tools" from the menu and then "Extensions"

This will display all the extensions that are installed. Disable all of them except for the Google extensions. It would be better if you uninstall them instead

Let me know the results

(05-22-2016, 10:46 AM)Partha Wrote:  There are a few  things that you would have to check initially

First, make sure that Chrome is up to date. To do this, click on the icon with three horizontals bars at the top right corner, select Help and then "About google Chrome".. check the following picture

It will then display the version of Chrome that you have. Its current version is 50.0.2661.102 just in case

If the issue is still there, try clearing the browser history. For this, open Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + Del  and clear the browsing data by selecting "the beginning of time" as highlighted in the picture below

If the issue persists, try loading Chrome without any extensions. For this, click on that icon with the horizontal bars, select "More tools" from the menu and then "Extensions"

This will display all the extensions that are installed. Disable all of them except for the Google extensions. It would be better if you uninstall them instead

Let me know the results

Thank you for your reply, I have done all that but still hasn't fixed my issue, it has to be something to do with windows.

Does this issue happen with other browsers?
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(05-22-2016, 02:18 PM)Timster Wrote:  Does this issue happen with other browsers?
This happens with other browsers except Firefox

what firewall software or antivirus do use?