Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC shuts down itself
Hello dear sirs,

I installed Windows 8.1 on my friends PC, before was also installed Win 8.1 too, after i installed it has such trouble: it shuts down itself about twice a day. before such problem it did not had. I am working as a IT support about 3 years and had not such problem before. what can be reason? Thanks in advanced.

it could be drivers over heating power supply

booting into safe mode to see if it will shut off

Before it had not such problem. so what happend now.

did you boot into safe mode did it power off?
if it did not power off in safe mode its possibly driver issues

(06-06-2016, 04:55 PM)IONx64 Wrote:  Before it had not such problem. so what happend now.

Maybe the drivers have become corrupt now and this is happening because of those corrupted drivers.. See if this happens in the safe mode

It could also be because of surges in the power supply, which if true, the PSU would have to be replaced. Check if the motherboard has anti-surge built in.. maybe that's causing the shutdowns to protect the device

If I was you I would upgrade your power supply. Also reset the battery in your motherboard. And yes it can also be about the OS drivers.

I also know this but it may sound weird. I did have a problem like this before but when I upgraded my PC case it worked fine.

It can also be about the system OS not liking the hardware.