Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background Becoming Black
Cmd as admin chkdsk c: /r

(08-07-2016, 01:48 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  I tested the drive in seagate tools and they were all good accept for the shortdst test. CrystalDiskInfo showed no errors as well.

Please also provide as much information as possible about the failure encountered in the short drive self test that was performed. Please be precise, wolfpack103

Don't just say that there was a failure and expect us to ask more about the failure. Let us know as much as you can about the failure at one go so that it becomes easier for us to help you

I also asked you to send us a screenshot of your system specs and perform a clean boot and check.. what's keeping you from following that advice?

(08-06-2016, 11:23 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  
(08-06-2016, 02:12 PM)Timster Wrote:  Do you have another graphics card to test with? Could be any old one just to rule out graphics card issue.

Does the power supply you are using need power from the power supply?

I am curios if the graphics card does any strange things under load. Can you download and run furmark  and see how the graphics card performs?

What specific info do you want me to give you from furmark test?

Did running FurMark for any length of time cause any sort of video corruption while running? (ie. flickering, odd lines, strange blocks)

(08-06-2016, 11:23 PM)Partha Wrote:  Timster, maybe we could ask wolpack to reinstall the driver software for his graphics card, update if required and check the card's health in the device manager

Yeah I was heading that way however if FurMark passes I would think that would unlikely not be the problem.

Also a screen shot of the desktop showing the video issue would be nice to see.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(08-07-2016, 02:19 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(08-07-2016, 01:48 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  I tested the drive in seagate tools and they were all good accept for the shortdst test. CrystalDiskInfo showed no errors as well.

Please also provide as much information as possible about the failure encountered in the short drive self test that was performed. Please be precise, wolfpack103

Don't just say that there was a failure and expect us to ask more about the failure. Let us know as much as you can about the failure at one go so that it becomes easier for us to help you

I also asked you to send us a screenshot of your system specs and perform a clean boot and check.. what's keeping you from following that advice?

I cant be any more descriptive then that. It just said it failed it didn't give any more info then that.

(08-07-2016, 02:45 PM)Timster Wrote:  
(08-06-2016, 11:23 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  
(08-06-2016, 02:12 PM)Timster Wrote:  Do you have another graphics card to test with? Could be any old one just to rule out graphics card issue.

Does the power supply you are using need power from the power supply?

I am curios if the graphics card does any strange things under load. Can you download and run furmark  and see how the graphics card performs?

What specific info do you want me to give you from furmark test?

Did running FurMark for any length of time cause any sort of video corruption while running? (ie. flickering, odd lines, strange blocks)

(08-06-2016, 11:23 PM)Partha Wrote:  Timster, maybe we could ask wolpack to reinstall the driver software for his graphics card, update if required and check the card's health in the device manager

Yeah I was heading that way however if FurMark passes I would think that would unlikely not be the problem.

Also a screen shot of the desktop showing the video issue would be nice to see.

Furmark didn't give me any issues. And here is the video timster. https://www.dropbox.com/s/428n862vsc3ha3a/Video.mp4?dl=0

(08-07-2016, 02:19 PM)Partha Wrote:  

I did the clean boot check but that didn't do anything to help the issue.
If you add me on skype I'll break your nose!

Please upload the screenshot with the system specs

Do you have another video card to test with? If so make sure you uninstall the current driver BEFORE installing the other video card.
912-220-0765

(08-07-2016, 07:06 PM)Partha Wrote:  Please upload the screenshot with the system specs

I cant upload the screen shot of the failed drive because I already closed the program but here is a screen shot of the system specs.

(08-07-2016, 07:50 PM)Timster Wrote:  Do you have another video card to test with? If so make sure you uninstall the current driver BEFORE installing the other video card.

Sorry I don't have another video card.

Attached Files
.png   Pc Specs.PNG (Size: 33.43 KB / Downloads: 30)

Try uninstalling the catalyst driver then run the AMD Cleanup Utility. Reboot the machine then re-install the newest Catalyst driver.
912-220-0765

(08-07-2016, 01:58 PM)Compton Wrote:  Cmd as admin chkdsk c: /r

Check disk didn't report any errors.

(08-07-2016, 08:03 PM)Timster Wrote:  Try uninstalling the catalyst driver then run the AMD Cleanup Utility. Reboot the machine then re-install the newest Catalyst driver.

Ok I reinstalled my graphics card software and it didn't help. This is a video explaining more in depth of the situation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/428n862vsc3ha3a/Video.mp4?dl=0

base on what I am seeing its a video driver problem or failing video card
do you have on on board graphics so