Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer will not boot
Building a cheap Youtube/video tower. It ran Xp like a champ. Changes hard drives and installing Ubuntu and the system will not boot past this screen. Attached is where the system hangs. Different memory gives different results. Motherboard is a Infinity RS482. I can get into bios and do as i please BTW.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

looks like a memory problem can you please us the specs of the build

Gramps, have you checked the ram/memory to make sure they are seated properly?

Quote:  specs of the build

DFI INFINITY RS482
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

Several different sticks of ram tried (4 taken from a working machine).

Quote:Gramps, have you checked the ram/memory to make sure they are seated properly?

I've seated and reseated the ram so much my thumbs hurt. I wonder if I have a m/b issue.

Does the ram sticks meet the compatibility requirements of the machine you put the ram in? Its strange the ram worked in one machine and then you take the ram out and put them in a new machine. Motherboards have ram requirements that if not met can possibly lead to this kind of problem. What size is the ram sticks like 512mb,1gb,4gb,8gb etc?

(08-16-2016, 04:13 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  Does the ram sticks meet the compatibility requirements of the machine you put the ram in? Its strange  the ram worked in one machine and then you take the ram out and put them in a new machine. Motherboards have ram requirements that if not met can possibly lead to this kind of problem. What size is the ram sticks like 512mb,1gb,4gb,8gb etc?

Without question the ram is rated for the machine, at one time the machine ran Xp with ram I've tried.

Do you have two hard drives in this PC?   Enable CSM(compatibility support module).  Disable secure boot under the security tab.
WannaBeGeek

Have you tried adjusting any settings in the bios? And i noticed how it says ddr dimm at rows 0, if you look close enough on the motherboard you should see a number either right above each slot of ram or possibly on the side near the top, look for the ram slot with the number 0, once you found it take the ram stick out thats in the 0 slot then try booting the system and let us know about the results you get