Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Razer driver installation failed
Windows update has a driver update for my keyboard, but it fails every time it's installing.

" Razer Inc - Other hardware - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - error 0x800705b3"

Earlier, keyboard didn't work, installed Razer synapse and now it works.

Haven't found anyone with the same problem as me.

(08-26-2016, 11:59 PM)Lancelot Wrote:  Windows update has a driver update for my keyboard, but it fails every time it's installing.

" Razer Inc - Other hardware - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - error 0x800705b3"

Earlier, keyboard didn't work, installed Razer synapse and now it works.

Haven't found anyone with the same problem as me.
Hi Lancelot, Welcome to the forums!

To resolve this issue, open the internet explorer and copy and paste the following link in the top:
https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=Razer%20Inc%20-%20Other%20hardware%20-%20Razer%20BlackWidow%20Ultimate

At the bottom of your screen, you will get a prompt to install, click the install button and click yes to the User Account Control. You will now see a list of drivers, here is a snapshot of what the page looks like:

Now download the correct driver for your keyboard.

Before you install it, open an evaluated cmd by pressing the windows key and s together on the keyboard, then type cmd in the search box. After that, right click cmd and click run as administrator, again click yes to the User Account Control. Once cmd is open, type the following commands and press enter on your keyboard:

net stop wuauserv
After it says it has successfully stopped the service, type the next command.
net stop bits
After it has successfully stopped the service, close cmd. Now install the driver and restart your PC

Once you are back at the desktop, open an evaluated cmd again like I explained before, but this time, we are going to start the services, so here are the commands to start the services:
net start wuauserv
net start bits
Then go Windows update and view your update history and tell me if the driver installation succeeded.

Hope that solves your issue, let me know if it does

Thanks

REC560

The installer of the driver won't start, nothing is happening.

Try run cmd as administrator, type sfc /scannow and press enter and let's see if it helps

Lancelot If the scan that f23948 suggested doesn't work. Create a restore point, download Windows Repair Tool Box. Under repairs click WinRepairAIO
After program downloads click on open Repair, click Start Repair. when complete the software will ask you to restart I would like you to go a step further and restart a couple of times the reason for this is because there is a lot of resetting when running this program. After Repairs, try to download the driver with Windows update.
https://goo.gl/Q4blrX
WannaBeGeek

(08-27-2016, 04:03 AM)Lancelot Wrote:  The installer of the driver won't start, nothing is happening.
I am sorry that this method hasn't worked for you, try Double Clutch and f23948 idea, if it doesn't work, I have another idea

(08-27-2016, 05:45 AM)f23948 Wrote:  Try run cmd as administrator, type sfc /scannow and press enter and let's see if it helps

Done that a million times already.

(08-27-2016, 05:03 PM)Lancelot Wrote:  
(08-27-2016, 05:45 AM)f23948 Wrote:  Try run cmd as administrator, type sfc /scannow and press enter and let's see if it helps

Done that a million times already.
OK, have you tried double clutch's method yet. Did it successfully repaired corrupt files if it found them? Have you tried the dism command?

(08-27-2016, 05:57 AM)Double clutch Wrote:  Lancelot If the scan that f23948 suggested doesn't work. Create a restore point, download Windows Repair Tool Box. Under repairs click WinRepairAIO
After program downloads click on open Repair, click Start Repair. when complete the software will ask you to restart I would like you to go a step further and restart a couple of times the reason for this is because there is a lot of resetting when running this program. After Repairs, try to download the driver with Windows update.

It worked, thank you so much!

I actually had that program but never went through the repair section!

After I ran the Windows update search, there was a update for Windows defender, which I've disabled in regedit, same error as the keyboard.
Because I can't install the update, it can't install other Windows updates, right?

I'm going to the gym right now, will have to enable Windows defender, run the Windows update again, and let you guys know if it worked.

(08-27-2016, 06:39 PM)Lancelot Wrote:  
(08-27-2016, 05:57 AM)Double clutch Wrote:  Lancelot If the scan that f23948 suggested doesn't work. Create a restore point, download Windows Repair Tool Box. Under repairs click WinRepairAIO

It worked, thank you so much!

I actually had that program but never went through the repair section!

After I ran the Windows update search, there was a update for Windows defender, which I've disabled in regedit, same error as the keyboard.
Because I can't install the update, it can't install other Windows updates, right?
You should be able to download updates manually, It shouldn't effect other updates.
First, download and run the windows update troubleshooter https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

Second, try to manually install updates using WSUS Offline Updater

Here is a video on how to do that created by eli: