Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CRYPTOWALL 3.0
(09-01-2016, 11:24 AM)Partha Wrote:  
(09-01-2016, 10:46 AM)Britec Wrote:  Like Partha said, you just went and plugged in your USB drive without using a protection for that USB drive, if you had a virus or malware like autorun on there, it would of already run, that's why partha said install Panda USB vaccine, this will protect your computer from autorun type malware.
Thanks, Brian. I wanted to point that out as well. He did take a risk there
At first Thanks to both of you.
I would like just to mention how exactly it happened.
I had installed at that time the Panda free antivirus.
I was working with my Computer - improving this 'Amadeus Programs'. The only case I got this virus, was getting connected with the ... Greek Tax Office ( the exact same thing happened to the person that is my Hardware Supporter). It sounds ridiculous, but that's the truth. A few hours later I copied the AMADEUS directory to the USB ( feeling sure that I backed up my work). But I got .....

Anyhow I followed Partha's suggestions.
I tried to download the Pandasecurity Vaccine from Partha's post. It was requesting for me to fill out My name. e-mail, etc. and it was saying that they would send by e-mail the link for performing the download. It never came.
By the way I have now the Panda Global Protection and so I called the Panda office in Greece telling them the whole story. They told that they were including the Panda Vaccine program in the new applications of 2016 (ie I have it).
I ran it as well the Zemana program that Partha suggested.
I made a copy of the USB - AMADEUS directory to a CD.
I opened the CD, files were looking normal as always, dates & sizes correct, but when i tried to open some .accdb or .xlsx or .docx files UNFORTUNATELY I cannot open them and I am getting the messages like ' is in a different format', or ' file format or file extension is not valid' or 'unrecognized database format'
Probably in others words I guess , I am cooked.

Are you able to open the other .accdb, .xlsx or .docx files on your system?

(09-01-2016, 02:37 PM)Partha Wrote:  Are you able to open the other .accdb, .xlsx or .docx files on your system?

Yes I can

(09-01-2016, 02:52 PM)george759 Wrote:  
(09-01-2016, 02:37 PM)Partha Wrote:  Are you able to open the other .accdb, .xlsx or .docx files on your system?

Yes I can

Did the deep scan with Zemana detect any suspicious files or malware?

(09-01-2016, 03:13 PM)Partha Wrote:  

Yes I can

No
The funny thing was that during the scan, I did not see the scanning of the files of E:\ (in the horizontal bar); it only found 1 suspicious file in the root of E:\ - nothing relevant to AMADEUS (and I knew that it would find it).  
I also noticed there was no setting for this application to run only for E:\.

PS I also run the USB with the Panda with no hazardous results

(09-01-2016, 03:35 PM)george759 Wrote:  
(09-01-2016, 03:13 PM)Partha Wrote:  

Yes I can

No
The funny thing was that during the scan, I did not see the scanning of the files of E:\ (in the horizontal bar); it only found 1 suspicious file in the root of E:\ - nothing relevant to AMADEUS (and I knew that it would find it).  
I also noticed there was no setting for this application to run only for E:\.

PS I also run the USB with the Panda with no hazardous results

In the Zemana app.,there is spot in the main menu to use use it as a drop for examination :
I dragged the AMADEUS directory from the USB and also from the AMADEUS on the CD.
Both with no results

I see. Do you have the 2016 version of Office or the 2013 version?

(09-01-2016, 04:11 PM)Partha Wrote:  I see. Do you have the 2016 version of Office or the 2013 version?
2013 & Windows 10

Please give this a try. Right click the file, select "Open with" and then select the 2013 product you want the file to open with

Let me know if it fails with the same message or some other message

So for instance, if you want to open a docx file, right click the file, select "Open with" and select Microsoft Office 2013

(09-01-2016, 04:19 PM)Partha Wrote:  Please give this a try. Right click the file, select "Open with" and then select the 2013 product you want the file to open with

Let me know if it fails with the same message or some other message

So for instance, if you want to open a docx file, right click the file, select "Open with" and select Microsoft Office 2013

Upon right clicking, it suggests " EXCEL " and clicking with ' MORE APPS ', the scroll down the only relative shows " EXCEL 2010" and nothing else

(09-01-2016, 04:32 PM)george759 Wrote:  Upon right clicking, it suggests " EXCEL " and clicking with ' MORE APPS ', the scroll down the only relative shows        " EXCEL 2010" and nothing else

Were you trying to open an Excel file?