Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Startup Impact
Hi guys,

In windows 10 task manager, under the 'startup' tab is the items which startup with the windows, it's also supposed to tell you how much of an impact it's having on your startup time. The trouble is on mine is that it everything is 'not measured' all of the time.

What I've tried:

Recently did a clean install (not for this problem!)
ran sfc /scannow - no errors

Any ideas?
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

(08-31-2016, 04:39 PM)EAPTCB Wrote:  Hi guys,

In windows 10 task manager, under the 'startup' tab is the items which startup with the windows, it's also supposed to tell you how much of an impact it's having on your startup time. The trouble is on mine is that it everything is 'not measured' all of the time.

What I've tried:

Recently did a clean install (not for this problem!)
ran sfc /scannow - no errors

Any ideas?
Restart your computer a couple of times until it gives you a startup impact

Could you please take a screenshot while the startup tab is selected and upload it here?

I would also like to know if you are using the tech preview version of Windows or not

(08-31-2016, 04:54 PM)Partha Wrote:  Could you please take a screenshot while the startup tab is selected and upload it here?

I would also like to know if you are using the tech preview version of Windows or not

Hey Partha,

I appreciate your help. I have tried rebooting numerous times and also tried selective startup under MSCONFIG. Here are a couple of screen shots you requested.

.png   startup.PNG (Size: 38.96 KB / Downloads: 83)

.png   winver2.png (Size: 13.78 KB / Downloads: 84)
Remember! You should exercise complete CTRL and you ALT to think carefully before you DELete stuff willy nilly.

can you please do a clean boot Perform Clean Boot in Windows 10 / 8 / 7

(08-31-2016, 09:04 PM)Compton Wrote:  can you please  do a clean boot Perform Clean Boot in Windows 10 / 8 / 7

Hi Compton,

I tried a clean boot, but my startup items are still showing as not measured. It's not a deal breaker really, but my OCD is getting the better of me!

(08-31-2016, 10:22 PM)EAPTCB Wrote:  
(08-31-2016, 09:04 PM)Compton Wrote:  can you please do a clean boot Perform Clean Boot in Windows 10 / 8 / 7

Hi Compton,

I tried a clean boot, but my startup items are still showing as not measured. It's not a deal breaker really, but my OCD is getting the better of me!
What computer do you have? what manufacturer it is?, i.e Toshiba, HP, Sony Vaio, Acer, Lenovo. Also, what is the model number?

This is a issue people are facing with preview builds.

WannaBeGeek

can you try disable anti ransomware and let's see if it helps?

(08-31-2016, 10:35 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  This is a issue people are facing with preview builds.

Oh, I see. So are you saying if I upgrade to the anniversary edition, the problem may be solved?

(09-01-2016, 01:05 AM)Jon Gilbert Wrote:  can you try disable anti ransomware and let's see if it helps?

I performed a clean boot already.