Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As i was reassembling my laptop i ripped the power wire
Is it possible to repair this?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/7527799/model/8888505/

[
attachment=1788]

Attached Files
.jpg   20160908_064007-1.jpg (Size: 57.03 KB / Downloads: 181)

Difficult to see what those two pictures are.

Sorry the pictures i took were to big to add on here so i cropped em and posted em. But there pictures are of the hearnest that was ripped out from the power

still don't know what you mean by hearnest? Is there a shot of it from a little further away? If it's the I/O port then that's easily fixable but would need a clearer image.

The picture i took you could see it better but the images are to big to attatch to the forum

If the ribbon was soldered in place then yes it can be an easy fix however all the ribbons I've seen aren't soldered. I'll try to get some schematics on your MOBO and see.

Thank you guilty spark. I couldn't tell if it was sollderd or not but by what you said i hope it is

Can't find a schematic for this, stupid HP site!

Is the broken end of that cable still connected to the I/O? (Usually they are a twisted pair and not a ribbon / flex.)

Im not to sure on what to say or how to word it. But both pictures(i reposted better pictures) are the cable that tore off that has metal peg like things sticking out and the other is where it tore from if that makes any since.

if it came from the highlighted area then it should have a connector that it pushes into possibly underneath.