Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Avast to Avira
if i uninstall Avast, can i delete leftover registry keys and folders, etc.?

Yes you should. Sometimes if you have remains of a program on your system and you decide to install that software down the road again the remains can cause problems. Not all the time but it is possible.
WannaBeGeek

thank you Double Clutch, after uninstaller, can i delete leftover registry keys and files by downloading Avast uninstall tool?

Well just download the uninstaller Tool first and then uninstall Avast with there tool. Then you can double check by running Ccleaners Registry tool and filter through the results looking for any thing having to do with Avast. Back up the registry.
WannaBeGeek

u mean uninstall Avast first, then run Avast uninstall tool 2nd?

You could just download Revo uninstaller.
It allows you to scan for leftovers, i.e registry keys, and files.

(09-19-2016, 03:17 AM)f23948 Wrote:  u mean uninstall Avast first, then run Avast uninstall tool 2nd?

Yes, either that or like REC560 said, you can make use of Revo

If you run Revo make sure you select Advanced mode

I would always run the AVs uninstall tool as it's specifically designed to remove it's components, then you just need to look through ProgramFiles folder for the AV install folder and manually remove it.

(09-19-2016, 10:30 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  If you run Revo make sure you select Advanced mode

I would always run the AVs uninstall tool as it's specifically designed to remove it's components, then you just need to look through ProgramFiles folder for the AV install folder and manually remove it.

True, but then Revo first runs the default uninstaller anyway, and so that would be fine as well

I would run Everything Search just too make nothing leftovers