Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical Drive Driver Not Working
My optical drives driver software is corrupted somehow and I can't seem to repair it. I tried to download the driver on the manufacturers website but it brings up "Drive cant be found". Driver booster says my optical drive is fine and up to date but the driver has corrupted somehow.

Driver Model/Name: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB

Thanks -wolfpack
If you add me on skype I'll break your nose!

(09-24-2016, 10:33 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  My optical drives driver software is corrupted somehow and I can't seem to repair it. I tried to download the driver on the manufacturers website but it brings up "Drive cant be found". Driver booster says my optical drive is fine and up to date but the driver has corrupted somehow.

Thanks -wolfpack
Hi wolfpack, thanks for contacting the forum!
What driver booster software are you using? I don't suggest using driver booster software to install/update drivers as it can cause problems with your computer, i.e make it unstable. Perhaps that has corrupted the driver!
Firstly, I would suggest you do the following:
Open device manager, can you see a yellow exclamation mark, if not look under, "DVD/CD-ROM drives", double click the driver, click the driver tab at the top and click uninstall, make sure you check mark "delete the driver software for this device" After that restart your computer and see if your issue if fixed.
Also check out this quick installation guide to make sure it is properly installed in your computer: https://tsstodd.com/eng/support/manual/?functionvalue=view&model=SH-224DB&productName=DVD-Writer%20Half%20Height&searchText=&pTop=0&mTop=0
Let us know how this goes!
Thanks
REC560

(09-24-2016, 11:23 PM)REC560 Wrote:  
(09-24-2016, 10:33 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  My optical drives driver software is corrupted somehow and I can't seem to repair it. I tried to download the driver on the manufacturers website but it brings up "Drive cant be found". Driver booster says my optical drive is fine and up to date but the driver has corrupted somehow.

Thanks -wolfpack
Hi wolfpack, thanks for contacting the forum!
What driver booster software are you using? I don't suggest using driver booster software to install/update drivers as it can cause problems with your computer, i.e make it unstable. Perhaps that has corrupted the driver!
Firstly, I would suggest you do the following:
Open device manager, can you see a yellow exclamation mark, if not look under, "DVD/CD-ROM drives", double click the driver, click the driver tab at the top and click uninstall, make sure you check mark "delete the driver software for this device" After that restart your computer and see if your issue if fixed.
Also check out this quick installation guide to make sure it is properly installed in your computer: https://tsstodd.com/eng/support/manual/?functionvalue=view&model=SH-224DB&productName=DVD-Writer%20Half%20Height&searchText=&pTop=0&mTop=0
Let us know how this goes!
Thanks
REC560

I just restarted my computer but I am getting the same issue.

What issue is that? (Drive can't be found) Describe what you are experiencing. Can you give a screen shot of device manager? If a window doesn't appear when you insert a disk and the drive is not listed in file explorer then the drive is not being recognized by Windows.First open device manager and double click DVD/CD-ROM drives right click the drive name and select Uninstall select ok if prompted. The name of the drive should be removed. In device manager click action select Scan for hardware changes then wait for Windows to find and install the CD/DVD drive. Report back. If still no luck.   Restart the computer and push F10 or F2 or what ever repeatedly until you enter the Bios navigate to the storage tab or to the System Configuration depending on if you are on a laptop or desktop. select boot option or Device Configuration and push enter. Select boot order on a laptop only push enter Look for the drive. If the drive is not listed, try to turn your PC completely off and disconnect the power cord and take battery out if a laptop. let it set for a minute or two and restart. If on restart Windows tells you new hardware was found let it finnish before checking device manager. Report back please.
WannaBeGeek

(09-25-2016, 02:26 AM)Double clutch Wrote:  What issue is that? (Drive can't be found) Describe what you are experiencing. Can you give a screen shot of device manager? If a window doesn't appear when you insert a disk and the drive is not listed in file explorer then the drive is not being recognized by Windows.First open device manager and double click DVD/CD-ROM drives right click the drive name and select Uninstall select ok if prompted. The name of the drive should be removed. In device manager click action select Scan for hardware changes then wait for Windows to find and install the CD/DVD drive. Report back. If still no luck.   Restart the computer and push F10 or F2 or what ever repeatedly until you enter the Bios navigate to the storage tab or to the System Configuration depending on if you are on a laptop or desktop. select boot option or Device Configuration and push enter. Select boot order on a laptop only push enter Look for the drive. If the drive is not listed, try to turn your PC completely off and disconnect the power cord and take battery out if a laptop. let it set for a minute or two and restart. If on restart Windows tells you new hardware was found let it finnish before checking device manager. Report back please.

So basicly the issue is that my optical drives driver got corrupted somehow and I cant repair/uninstall the driver.

Her is what it looks like in device manager:
.png   Optical Drive Error.PNG (Size: 12.18 KB / Downloads: 88)

(09-25-2016, 12:22 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  So basicly the issue is that my optical drives driver got corrupted somehow and I cant repair/uninstall the driver.
Did you receive any error while trying to uninstall the driver software?

Woolfpack103 Try a system restore. There are a lot of steps we can take to resolve this issue. But lets start with the simple ones
WannaBeGeek

(09-25-2016, 02:28 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  Woolfpack103 Try a system restore. There are a lot of steps we can take to resolve this issue. But lets start with the simple ones
Great idea Double Clutch, always start with basics! If the basics don't work. We will try technical steps!

(09-25-2016, 12:48 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(09-25-2016, 12:22 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  So basicly the issue is that my optical drives driver got corrupted somehow and I cant repair/uninstall the driver.
Did you receive any error while trying to uninstall the driver software?

No

(09-25-2016, 05:49 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  No
So what exactly happened when you attempted the uninstall?