Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which computer should I get for my sister?
(10-01-2016, 07:35 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Well a compooter is only as secure as the user and as for longevity it would depend on how said 'pooter is treated. The office package however may come at an extra cost but you could always install LibreOffice instead.
Very wise words GuiltySpark, can you look at the i5 computer, britec posted and tell me if it is a reliable PC?

I would say so all depends on how reliable the OS is, Win 10 is still very unstable in my opinion but you may be one of the lucky ones. Hardware wise it's fine.

Just to double check GuiltySpark, you looked at this link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GCNYZI6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B01GCNYZI6&linkCode=as2&tag=britec-21 and you think the hardware is fine!

Yes the i5 link not the i3, I didn't even bother with the i3 link. Big Grin

I like i7 it gives a person a lot of growing room, the i5 not so much. The 17 inch screen I think she will really like I know I know I do. My parents By nothing but Dell.
WannaBeGeek

(10-01-2016, 08:04 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  I like i7 it gives a person a lot of growing room, the i5 not so much. The 17 inch screen I think she will really like I know I know I do. My parents By nothing but Dell.

Nothing wrong with the i7 either. Incidentally, many people don't understand this but if a laptop has a screen of 17" it's a laptop, if it has a screen of 15" it's a notebook, if it has a screen of 10" it's a netbook.

my brother recently got his new laptop 2 weeks ago, is Intel Celeron better than core i3?

Asus are pretty reliable,pretty good specs

ASUS K501UQ-DM011T 15.6-Inch Notebook (Grey) - (Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3 GHz Processor, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD Plus 16 GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Graphics Card, Windows 10)

ASUS Zenbook UX303UA-R4028T 13.3 inch Notebook (Bronze Aluminium) (Intel Core i7-6500U, 12 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, WLAN, BT, Camera, Integrated Graphics, Windows 10)

Thanks Compton! I have ordered the one britec posted!

With the way technology is accelerating. I think if a person would buy over what he or she would need in a product, It would be more likely that product would sustain technology longer, therefore being less expensive in the long run.This is where the decision of i7 or i5 comes in to play.
WannaBeGeek