Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 anniversary pin login not working
(11-06-2016, 03:15 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  Sounds like your hardware is failing or you have corrupt system files.

First, Run a scan with sfc/scannow:
Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.

Secondly, test your hard drive's health using the links below:
how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info
How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows

I hope not it was brand new in April the laptop has a SSD Drive can I still use the tests you suggest? never tested an SSD before . will give sfc scannow a try

(11-06-2016, 03:34 PM)monkey85 Wrote:  
(11-06-2016, 03:15 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  Sounds like your hardware is failing or you have corrupt system files.

First, Run a scan with sfc/scannow:
Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.

Secondly, test your hard drive's health using the links below:
how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info
How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows

I hope not it was brand new in April the laptop has a SSD Drive can I still use the tests you suggest?  never tested an SSD before . will give sfc scannow a try
Yes you can still use the tests I suggested!

Download Windows All in One Repair Tool (free)   here  https://goo.gl/6ce93  Follow all steps to the letter and make sure that you create a new restore point, and Backup the registry. Like the program suggests perform a proper Windows clean boot before running the repair, details for the clean boot here.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
WannaBeGeek

If it lets you log in to Windows normally with the password, log in and then reset the pin

(11-06-2016, 03:59 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  Download Windows All in One Repair Tool (free)   here  https://goo.gl/6ce93  Follow all steps to the letter and make sure that you create a new restore point, and Backup the registry. Like the program suggests perform a proper Windows clean boot before running the repair, details for the clean boot here.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

I still can't get it working even after trying everything you suggested it still won't make a new user account that I can login to.

the SSD came back okay in the tests and I ran Tweaking and did a sfc scannow but it's still the same . can't think what else to try apart from refreshing windows but don't really want to have too reinstall all my programs

so I am just going to give up for now .it's not that big of a problem having to use a password instead of a pin code to login and I am the only one that uses the laptop so I don't really need another user account.

thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions

(11-07-2016, 12:34 PM)Partha Wrote:  If it lets you log in to Windows normally with the password, log in and then reset the pin

I have tried removing the pin but it won't let me add a new one. Not sure if that's what you mean by resetting it?

(11-07-2016, 12:38 PM)monkey85 Wrote:  I have tried removing the pin  but it won't let me add a new one. Not sure if that's what you mean by resetting it?

I meant to set up a new pin. Please refer the article at https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7312-pin-reset-your-account-windows-10-a.html

Let me know if you experience any issues

(11-07-2016, 12:45 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(11-07-2016, 12:38 PM)monkey85 Wrote:  I have tried removing the pin  but it won't let me add a new one. Not sure if that's what you mean by resetting it?

I meant to set up a new pin. Please refer the article at https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7312-pin-reset-your-account-windows-10-a.html

Let me know if you experience any issues

I am not getting the option to reset the pin it just says add a pin.

when I try and do this it comes up with a box for me to log into my account when I have entered my password it then puts the box up to enter a pin when I have done this it just gives me a blue circle spinning .

(11-07-2016, 01:52 PM)monkey85 Wrote:  I am not getting the option to reset the pin it just says add a pin.  

when I try and do this it comes up with a box for me to log into my account  when I have entered my password it then puts the box up to enter a pin when I have done this it just gives me  a blue circle spinning .

Did you follow the steps exactly as specified in that article? If yes, please tell me what happened after you clicked on "I forgot my PIN"

(11-07-2016, 02:11 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(11-07-2016, 01:52 PM)monkey85 Wrote:  I am not getting the option to reset the pin it just says add a pin.  

when I try and do this it comes up with a box for me to log into my account  when I have entered my password it then puts the box up to enter a pin when I have done this it just gives me  a blue circle spinning .

Did you follow the steps exactly as specified in that article? If yes, please tell me what happened after you clicked on "I forgot my PIN"

Yes I did but I'm not getting the I forgot my pin option it just says add of pin but I can't do that. See the picture for what I have on my screen [img][Image: Capture%20windows%2010%20pin%20login_zpsanwhaqxm.jpg][/img]

I see. So try adding a new PIN { just some numerical digits} and let the wheel spin for a while

May I know what exactly happened the last time when you tried adding a new pin? You said you saw the circle spin but please tell me what happened next

I want to know if it threw any error or you decided to cancel the process