Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Windows now downloading Adobe Flash player?
How do I find out if Windows by default, without our permission downloading Adobe Flash player on Windows 10? I have just done a Windows new Install as of 25/11/16 and Flash Player was also downloaded in the Default Windows Updates.

This is in-excuseable. We want HTML5 for all websites.

Hi tie,

Which browser are you using? If you are using Microsoft edge, adobe flash player is integrated ( so in basic terms, adobe flash player comes with the browser, preinstalled)

I know that in Windows 7, adobe flash player would download automatically, but Windows 10, not so sure.

RECdevicehelper

Update: I have discovered that adobe flash player does download automatically. See the article Introducing Adobe Flash Player Background Updater for Windows

Yeah, flash is now part of Windows 10 "Not A Separate Download". You still have to download it if your using Chrome, Opera, or Firefox.

You still have to download it for Windows 7 Explorer....
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

(11-26-2016, 02:04 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Yeah, flash is now part of Windows 10 "Not A Separate Download". You still have to download it if your using Chrome, Opera, or Firefox.

You still have to download it for Windows 7 Explorer....
Not google chrome, adobe flash player is part of it.

Yeah, that's what I said REC...

There are 2 versions of Flash that have to be present in the PC... One version for Explorer, and another for other browsers. If your only using Edge in Windows 10, you don't need to install it.

This is actually not a bad thing. I am thinking that Microsoft and Adobe collaborated on this because Adobe Flash is prone to security risk if not updated. Most people do not update Adobe, but do keep up with Windows Updates.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

(11-26-2016, 02:12 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Yeah, that's what I said REC...

There are 2 versions of Flash that have to be present in the PC... One version for Explorer, and another for other browsers. If your only using Edge in Windows 10, you don't need to install it.

This is actually not a bad thing. I am thinking that Microsoft and Adobe collaborated on this because Adobe Flash is prone to security risk if not updated. Most people do not update Adobe, but do keep up with Windows Updates.
oh ok,
yeah, it is important to be up to date with windows update. Windows update contains security updates that prevent hackers from hacking the system. Personally, I think it is good that windows and adobe are joined together. I don't see any problem really.

I understand what you are trying say Adobe Flash player  is big security risk fair point Tie
you should be ok if you do this
  • keep your system up to date
  • keep program
  • have a anti program
  • have firewall
  • run local account without admin privileges

web browser security chrome is the best in  web browser security
extensions you should install
  • Ublock
  • Ghostery

(11-26-2016, 02:46 PM)Compton Wrote:  I understand what you are trying say Adobe Flash player  is big security risk fair point Tie
you should be ok if you do this

• keep your system up to date
  • keep program
  • have a anti program
  • have firewall
  • run local account without admin privileges

web browser security chrome is the best in  web browser security
extensions you should install

• Ublock
  • Ghostery
I know Compton why you said 'run local account without admin privileges' because it prevents any user from installing malware or any rubbish on your system, but I would say have a local with admin privileges, just be careful of what you download and if you are unsure, run in sandboxie! Also use virustotal.com to check the file and website.

now running as admin come down to  user experience now you rec britec the great tech lol myself and other guys here
have a great experience level .but at the end of day malware can still get on your system

at end of day if you want maximum security use a  local account without admin privileges

(11-26-2016, 03:16 PM)Compton Wrote:  now running as admin come down to  user experience now you rec britec the great tech lol myself and other guys here
have a great experience level .but at the end of day malware can still get on your system

at end of day if you want maximum security use a  local account without admin privileges
Good point Compton!