Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
computer freeze up on login sreen
ok sounds like corrupted user account do you have any antivirus program on computer

create a new user account using command prompt    

Code:
example

net user /add compton password

select enter

example

how add the account to admin  

new localgroup administrators compton /add

select enter

after creating the  new user account run a scan with malwarebytes

[Image: malwarebytes-icon.png] Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

It could be an account related issue. Please create another admin user account via command prompt as Compton advised

If it still doesn't let you log in to the new account, run sfc /scannow and then check

doogle74,

Please try Compton's idea and create a new user profile and see if you are able to access the desktop, if you can't, please try my idea to create a bootable CD/DVD for Kaspersky Rescue Disk and boot from it to check for viruses and malware .

If you can access the desktop, run malwarebytes like compton suggeted but to add to his post please run also HitmanPro a second opinion malware scanner.

[Image: hitmanpro.png]HitmanPro
  • Please download HitmanPro.
  • Launch the program by double clicking on the icon. (Windows Vista/7 users right click on the HitmanPro icon and select run as administrator).
  • Click on the next button. You must agree with the terms of EULA.
  • Check the box beside "No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer".
  • Click on the next button.
  • The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
  • When the scan is done click on drop-down menu of the found entries (if any) and choose - Apply to all => Ignore <= IMPORTANT!!!
  • Click on the next button.
  • Click on the "Export scan results to XML file".
  • Save that file to your desktop and post in your next reply.

Good evening guys, sorry I have not been on earlier but not easy sometimes. But I have followed Compton advice but with no success. When I add in a new user with or without a password I get this command afterwards
- the specified user account or group can not be found.
-The user account was created but could not be added to the local user group.

I have then tried to keep on going to the localgroup administrators part but with also no success.

Now I did try to see if anything did work by going back to adanced options / start up settings and pressing f5 like RECdecicehelper told me to do to get to the Part when I can sign in on safe mode but it still comes up with my old sign in account and no where for me to change it to another.

I have also just completed the task from Partha - sfc /scannow and it came up with
- windows resource protection failed to perform the requested operation.

I have also not been able to download on to disc or USB key the maleware and virus files you told me to do RECdevisehelper as this is my only computer.

(12-03-2016, 09:11 PM)doogle74 Wrote:  Good evening guys, sorry I have not been on earlier but not easy sometimes. But I have followed Compton advice but with no success. When I add in a new user with or without a password I get this command afterwards
-The user account was created but could not be added to the local user group.

I have then tried to keep on going to the localgroup administrators part but with also no success.

Now I did try to see if anything did work by going back to adanced options / start up settings and pressing f5 like RECdecicehelper told me to do to get to the Part when I can sign in on safe mode but it still comes up with my old sign in account and no where for me to change it to another.
OK try this command:
Code:
net user your username * /add
example net user RECdevicehelper * /add
then press enter
Now type you newr password, press enter.
Retype your password
Your account should now be created
RECdevicehelper

Ok RECdevicehelper I have tried the new command and everything was going ok until the password part. When I tried to add in the password should the cursor move as you write the password in as nothing happens. I put in a password anyway and pressed enter then retyped the same password but when I pressed enter it came up with the same response as yesterday.
- The user account was created but could not be added to the local user group.

(12-04-2016, 08:06 AM)doogle74 Wrote:  Ok RECdevicehelper I have tried the new command and everything was going ok until the password part. When I tried to add in the password should the cursor move as you write the password in as nothing happens. I put in a password anyway and pressed enter then retyped the same password but when I pressed enter it came up with the same response as yesterday.
- The user account was created but could not be added to the local user group.
Ok then, now type the following command:
Code:
'Net user' (Then press enter. You should now see the new user created)
'net localgroup administrators your username /add'  (replace 'your username' with the name of the new account you just created, the one listed in net user)

When I type in "net user" and then press return it comes up with
- errors have affected the execution of the command.
So it's not letting me see any users on the computer even my original one.

I would like to know if using a computer from another country would make a difference I.e. in the commands. As I have a French computer.

Right I think I am getting somewhere I just did the command
- net user (user name) * it then asked for a password which it asked me to repeat and it came up saying 'the command Completed successfully.

I then typed in net user and it came up with the new user name in the administration section.

Just typed in
- net user (user name) the pressed enter and it came up with the details of this new account like if I am active, when did I last change my password and does the password expire etc. Does this help me?

(12-04-2016, 06:29 PM)doogle74 Wrote:  When I type in "net user" and then press return it comes up with
- errors have affected the execution of the command.
So it's not letting me see any users on the computer even my original one.

I would like to know if using a computer from another country would make a difference I.e. in the commands. As I have a French computer.

Right I think I am getting somewhere I just did the command
- net user (user name) * it then asked for a password which it asked me to repeat and it came up saying 'the command Completed successfully.

I then typed in net user and it came up with the new user name in the administration section.

Just typed in
- net user (user name) the pressed enter and it came up with the details of this new account like if I am active, when did I last change my password and does the password expire etc. Does this help me?
You don't need worry about that, can you please now try to login from your new account that you just created!