Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skype can't sign in
Has anyone on here had similar problem?

a few days ago I started my computer up and couldn't sign into Skype it had worked the day before

I thought maybe the account and been compromised so I reset my password but still couldn't login I have been through the processes to verify the account and my identity but I still can't login to Skype on any devices I have tried windows mac and my iPhone and in several browsers as suggested by Microsoft answer tech on a live chat all with the same result that I can't sign in .

all I get when I try to sign in is the page just say signing into Skype and just keeps reloading continually

when I did a live chat with Microsoft answer tech they confirmed that the account was working because I could sign into Outlook with the same details . they gave me a number to call which they said was for the Skype technical support but it was just a general Microsoft number for product keys activations and the like . I couldn't actually get through and speak to anybody

does anybody know how to fix this

thanks in advance for any replies

monkey85 Smile

Please remove the shared xml file as explained at....

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10981/how-do-i-delete-my-shared-xml-file

If the issue persists,  check if the firewall is blocking the connection

Hi monkey85,

Do you get an error message after the reloading continually times out. If so please take screenshot of the error using snipping tool and post it in your next reply:
Take screenshot using Snipping Tool

From your description, your Skype is connected to outlook, if that is the case, login into Skype with your outlook password but still login in with your Skype username. If that doesn't help try the steps below:

1. First try to open taskmanager, find the process skype.exe and click end process or right click skype.exe and then click end process. After that restart your computer

2. Make sure your Firewall is giving Skype access! For Windows firewall, make sure private and public is ticked.

3. Temporary disable any security programs on your system. So lets say for an example, you have AVG, Malwarebytes premium and WinAntiRansom all enabled, first turn off antivirus and test Skype, if it doesn't work, enable antivirus. Then turn off Malwarebytes Premium but keep your antivirus on, test Skype, if it doesn't work, turn back on Malwarebytes premium. Next  disable  WinAntiRasom, leaving AVG and Malwarebytes premium on, test skype, if it doesn't work, turn back on WinAntiRansom. Finally turn off AVG, Malwarebytes and WinAntiRansom, and see if skype works, if not turn it all back on.

4. Remove Skype using Revo Uninstaller:

Revo Uninstaller is more thorough in deleting programs on your computer than using the Add/Remove option in Windows.  Since it is a more powerful tool, please be sure to follow the instructions carefully.

Please note there is a chance when you look for this program to uninstall through Revo it might not be listed because of the previous uninstall.  If that is the case simply stop and let me know.

• Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free
  • Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
  • From the list of programs double click on the program you want to remove
  • When prompted if you want to uninstall click Yes.
  • Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
  • The program will run, If prompted again click Yes
  • When the built-in uninstaller is finished click on Next
  • Once the program has searched for leftovers click Next.
  • Check the items in bold only on the list then click Delete.  You may have to expand some folders by clicking the "+" mark.
  • When prompted click on Yes and then on Next.
  • Put a check on any folders that are found and select Delete
  • When prompted select Yes then Next
  • Once done click Finish.

5. Download the latest version of skype: https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

Hope this helps

Hi RECdevicehelper

No it's still not working on any device I have tried the steps you suggested on my Windows machine and also removed Skype and the preferences from my Mac it doesn't even work on iPhone either .

the only error message I get is the one pictured below which seems to suggest an account details error but these are the correct sign in details for my Skype account .

[img][Image: Capture_zpsnxtnvxan.jpg][/img]

are you using a vpn change of a ip address to difference country can create problem's

No not using a VPN just a normal fibre broadband connection

What about other accounts, can you log into them with no problems? Try please.
WannaBeGeek

(12-10-2016, 07:04 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  What about other accounts, can you log into them with no problems? Try please.

I can log into everything apart from Skype

Outlook
Microsoft account
Google
Facebook
photobucket
Twitter

its just Skype that's the problem I can't log into it on any computer but I can log into another Skype account that works perfectly

when I did the live chat with Microsoft support earlier today they checked the details and said it was nothing to do with the login information as I could log into Outlook with the same details

(12-10-2016, 07:23 PM)monkey85 Wrote:  
(12-10-2016, 07:04 PM)Double clutch Wrote:  What about other accounts, can you log into them with no problems? Try please.

I can log into everything apart from Skype

Outlook
Microsoft account
Google
Facebook
photobucket
Twitter

its just Skype that's the problem I can't log into it on any computer but I can log into  another Skype account that works perfectly

when I did the live chat with Microsoft support earlier today they checked the details and said it was nothing to do with the login information as I could log into Outlook with the same details
Is creating a new account out of the question. You might have the right account information, skype may not recognize your information as being correct. Or uninstall skype and reinstall.
WannaBeGeek

could be a malware problem

[Image: malwarebytes-icon.png] Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

[Image: junkware_removal_tool.png] Fix with Junkware Removal Tool

Please download JRT by Malwarebytes and save the file to your desktop.
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.
  • Right-click on [Image: junkware_removal_tool.png] icon and select [Image: RunAsAdmin.jpg] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Follow the prompts and let this process run uninterrupted.
  • This scan can take a while, depending on your System specs.
  • Upon completion, a log (JRT.txt) will open on your desktop.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

[Image: icon1449155872.png]Zemana AntiMalware

download and install Zemana AntiMalware
  • check for updates select on scan [Image: 2fSZJuQ]  after the scan is completed
  • remove any malware that is found
  • select on  reports [Image: 2gOiKD6]
  • select open report select file save as
  • save the report
  • post the report on your next reply on the   forum

Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
    Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
    4. Reboot and test.