Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Boot problems after Installing Creators Update
Can Anybody help me out please?

Yesterday, while I was on my PC there was a big update for Windows 10 from Microsoft that I basically HAD to install, I wasn't able to postpone the installation. I think it was called "Creators Update".

Now, when I boot up my PC it won't load the welcome/Login Screen. I'm just left with a black screen with a constant spinning wheel.

Some things I have tried myself from the Advanced Options :

1. Start up repair
2. System Restore
3. I watched a video from BRITEC 09 called : "How to Fix Windows 10 Startup Problem"
I tried CMD and placing files from Regback into back up folder.

None of those worked for me..

Is there anything else I can do?

Did you allow the installation process of the update to complete?

SiTheFlyGuy no need to create more then one thread with the same question

(12-19-2016, 05:58 PM)Partha Wrote:  Did you allow the installation process of the update to complete?

To be honest I am not 100% sure but It did say that updates were installed.

(12-19-2016, 06:10 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  To be honest I am not 100% sure but It did say that updates were installed.
That message appears after the user logs in. So did the issue start after you restarted the pc next?

(12-19-2016, 06:30 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(12-19-2016, 06:10 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  To be honest I am not 100% sure but It did say that updates were installed.
That message appears after the user logs in. So did the issue start after you restarted the pc next?
Yes it was only when the PC restarted that the issue occured

(12-19-2016, 06:32 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  Yes it was only when the PC restarted that the issue occured
If you have a USB keyboard/mouse wireless dongle or any other USB wireless connections, unplug them and then check.

If you don't, run the sfc /scannow in the command prompt from the recovery environment and then check

(12-19-2016, 10:46 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(12-19-2016, 06:32 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  Yes it was only when the PC restarted that the issue occured
If you have a USB keyboard/mouse wireless dongle or any other USB wireless connections, unplug them and then check.

If you don't, run the sfc /scannow in the command prompt from the recovery environment and then check

I ran scannow in command prompt and it got to 99/100% and then I got this error :
"Windows Resource Protection could not perform operation"

(12-19-2016, 11:52 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  I ran scannow in command prompt and it got to 99/100% and then I got this error :

Run the following command in the command prompt to scan the Windows image for any corruptions and to perform a repair

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Once the operation completes, which can take up to 20 minutes, run the sfc /scannow again and check the results

By the way, I had also asked you to unplug the USB wireless connections, if any and check.

(12-20-2016, 01:15 AM)Partha Wrote:  
(12-19-2016, 11:52 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  I ran scannow in command prompt and it got to 99/100% and then I got this error :

Run the following command in the command prompt to scan the Windows image for any corruptions and to perform a repair

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Once the operation completes, which can take up to 20 minutes, run the sfc /scannow again and check the results

By the way, I had also asked you to unplug the USB wireless connections, if any and check.

Uplugged all USB wireless connections but didn't work unfortunately. I Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command and got an "ERROR 50 DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option"