Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seemingly random BlueScreens with strange error messages, would much appreciate help
Hi Guys, My PC seems to be working fine, but sometimes It just bluescreens, with strange error messages such as : stop code: RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED

and

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

It then restarts, and works fine until the next crash.

https://speccy.piriform.com/results/OFgrnEPJweLPQhS4JLmW7or

This speccy is a little out of date, so let me know if you need to see the current version, I dont think anything has changed.

I have 2 drives: a fast ssd (windows files and games) and a big hdd for storage, should I move any important files over to the HDD for safety? Incase something goes very wrong I can rescue the drive super easy?

I was doing some reading into these error messages and some site recommended PC Scan & Repair by Reimage/ reimagine repair. Should I buy that and use it to fix the problem? will it help? what would you advise?

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help.

how to post blue screen dump file on forum with bluescreenview

how to post a blue screen report with WhoCrashed on the forum

Were any changes made to the registry?

(01-13-2017, 08:09 PM)Partha Wrote:  Were any changes made to the registry?

Im not sure.

Please see attached, thanks for your help.

Attached Files
.htm   WhoCrashedOutput.htm (Size: 12.53 KB / Downloads: 7)
.txt   Dump14Jan17.txt (Size: 12.78 KB / Downloads: 7)

post your system specs I would like you to test memory how to write memtest86 to a flash drive

(01-14-2017, 02:14 AM)Juno Wrote:  
(01-13-2017, 08:09 PM)Partha Wrote:  Were any changes made to the registry?

Im not sure.

Please see attached, thanks for your help.

It looks like there are some severe corruptions. Please run sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt and post the results

(01-14-2017, 07:08 AM)Partha Wrote:  
(01-14-2017, 02:14 AM)Juno Wrote:  [quote='Partha' pid='19235' dateline='1484338143']
Were any changes made to the registry?

It looks like there are some severe corruptions. Please run sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt and post the results

how do I do this?

Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.

(01-14-2017, 03:17 AM)Compton Wrote:  post your system specs I would like you to test memory how to write memtest86 to a flash drive

should I get a usb stick for this- does it need to be of a particular size?

with step 12 is there risk of damaging the C drive?

1GB flash drive should work make sure the flash drive you are going to use have no important data
because it will be formatted to write memtest86 onto the flash drive
no it will not damage the C drive