Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Network Default.Migrated
Hello,

Today I ran into an interesting issue with my home network.  I have two upgraded windows 10 pro systems, (upgraded from win 7 pro) that I often swap files between.  At some point in the last month, not sure when it happened, I tried to access files from one system to the other and while both appear on the network, when I click on the network/SYSTEM NAME/user folder to gain access to the desk top or other files on that system, I see only a hidden folder named default, and a second visable (empty) folder named Default.migration.  The same issue happens when I go to my other computer and try to send the fil to this computer.  Oddly though, the auxilary drive (E) can be access via the network like normal.  

Now when I go to my third system, a base windows 10 system, I can access both system and both systems can access it normally.

I have been unable to find a resolution to this issue on the microsoft forums, nor any where on the web. It is listed in some areas as "how do I delete Default.migration folder" but non on how to re-establish a network connection to the drive on the affected systems.  From what I can tell it is just the primary OS drive that is affected on both systems. They know they are there, they can see each other, but when I try to access the user folder on either one from the other one, all I see is the two afore mentioned folders titled default (hidden) and default.migrated.

I am looking for any advice, help, suggestions on how to resolve this network issue.  I don't have a "home" network set up, just a network link via my DSL router.  Again, they see each item on the network, but when it comes to these two system, which before could access each others shared C drive, now cannot.  The drives are set to share in the security properties.

Much thanks to any who try to help.

did you re check shareing permission on both system?

Have you mapped the drive(s) in question?

Can you upload a pic of the access you're trying to achieve i.e, drive in "ThisPC"?

I will perform a network drive mapping and see if that helps. I will post a screen cap of windows explore menu