Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is it possible that my host file missing caused
How is it possible that my host file missing caused a gig of my memory to be used at an idle?

so i noticed my ram usage went from being a usual 1.1 gb used to 2gb used so i was checking my resource monitor,task manager and even ram map and i could find what the issue was besides svchost.exe had quiet a bit of ram usage well as i was researching i ran into the host file location so i searched for on my pc and come to find out my host file was missing well i used windows all in one repair tool by tweaking.com and used the repair host file option when the preocess was finished my ram usage was normal.

so how is it that the host file caused this?

Perhaps your system has some services that rely on the host file and they went into overdrive as the file wasn't there, or maybe there was another cause for the unusual ram usage

I would've asked you to perform a clean boot and check if the issue was there but anyway, I am curious to know why the host file was missing.

Yeah it was strange im not sure why it wasnt there but im wiping the hd and installing the drivers from the manufacturers website and should be ready to go after updates and what not

Thank you for your input partha

(02-10-2017, 03:06 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  Yeah it was strange im not sure why it wasnt there but im wiping the hd and installing the drivers from the manufacturers website and should be ready to go after updates and what not

Thank you for your input partha
Okay. You're welcome.

If it happens again check Event Viewer for any info of when / what removed it.

Thats some handy info thank you guilty spark